Predictor table BBC

25 of the 40 have us winning it and 35 of the 40 have us finishing top 2. Only side in everyone's top 4. Time for City to execute.

Will we win title? That depends if we stop missing chances by the bucket full and conceding goals from breakaways. We haven't sorted out replacements with power and pace for the crucual DM (or pivot) spot either.
The keeper looks good as do Danilo and Walker and B.Silva is a wonderful buy.
I personally would have us finishing second as 16 points is a lot to make up on Chelsea to win the league!
As such to see most of the press having us in top spot is interesting. As to Utd - the press will akways drool to get the clicks - but I couldn't give a stuff - only derby games count.
Chelsea will be the main challenge. 16 points is a lot to make up and improving our home form will be vital in this.

Last edited:
We're classed as favourites going off the average positions each pundit has placed us but i can't believe 12 so called experts think the Rags will win it and that 1 thinks Spurs will............

Chris Waddle Tottenham Man City Man Utd Chelsea
Jo Currie Chelsea Man City Man Utd Tottenham
Alan Shearer Man Utd Man City Liverpool Chelsea
Mark Schwarzer Man Utd Man City Liverpool Chelsea
Phil Neville Man Utd Man City Chelsea Arsenal
Garth Crooks Man Utd Man City Chelsea Arsenal
Danny Murphy Man Utd Man City Chelsea Liverpool
Caroline Barker Man Utd Man City Chelsea Tottenham
Ruud Gullit Man Utd Man City Tottenham Liverpool
Danny Webber Man Utd Man City Tottenham Chelsea
Rachel Brown-Finnis Man Utd Chelsea Man City Liverpool
Jason Mohammad Man Utd Chelsea Man City Tottenham
Jonathan Pearce Man Utd Chelsea Man City Arsenal
Lindsay Johnson Man Utd Chelsea Tottenham Man City
Dion Dublin Man Utd Chelsea Tottenham Man City
Gabby Logan Man City Man Utd Chelsea Arsenal
Ian Wright Man City Man Utd Chelsea Arsenal
Jacqui Oatley Man City Man Utd Chelsea Arsenal
Leon Osman Man City Man Utd Chelsea Arsenal
John Murray Man City Man Utd Chelsea Arsenal
Ian Dennis Man City Man Utd Chelsea Arsenal
Chris Sutton Man City Man Utd Chelsea Liverpool
Simon Mundie Man City Man Utd Chelsea Liverpool
Mark Lawrenson Man City Man Utd Chelsea Liverpool
Steve Bower Man City Man Utd Chelsea Liverpool
Manish Bhasin Man City Man Utd Chelsea Liverpool
Pat Nevin Man City Man Utd Chelsea Tottenham
Dan Walker Man City Man Utd Chelsea Tottenham
Jermaine Jenas Man City Chelsea Man Utd Tottenham
Guy Mowbray Man City Chelsea Man Utd Tottenham
Trevor Sinclair Man City Chelsea Man Utd Arsenal
Kevin Kilbane Man City Chelsea Man Utd Liverpool
Juliette Ferrington Man City Chelsea Man Utd Liverpool
Conor McNamara Man City Chelsea Man Utd Liverpool
Alistair Mann Man City Chelsea Man Utd Liverpool
Steve Wilson Man City Chelsea Man Utd Arsenal
John Motson Man City Liverpool Man Utd Chelsea
John Hartson Man City Liverpool Chelsea Tottenham
Matt Upson Man City Liverpool Chelsea Arsenal
Alistair Bruce-Ball Man City Tottenham Man Utd Chelsea
Six teams feature in the forecasted top fours, and only Manchester City feature in all 40.

In terms of who will win it, Manchester City are favourites, with 25 votes. Manchester United get 13 votes, with defending champions Chelsea and last season's runners-up Tottenham getting one apiece.

Some utterly clueless fuckers out there.
At least Phil Neville is consistent.

Will we win title? That depends if we stop missing chances by the bucket full and conceding goals from breakaways. We haven't sorted out replacements with power and pace for the crucual DM (or pivot) spot either.
I personally would have us finishing second as 15 points is a lot to make up on Chelsea!
As such to see most of the press having us in top spot is interesting. As to Utd - the press will akways drool to get the clicks - but I couldn't give a stuff - only derby games count.
Chelsea will be the main challenge. 16 points is a lot to make up to win the title and improving our home form will be vital.
An interesting idea that 16 points is a lot to make up. Thing is how many points were the result of Bravo's terrible keeping? Look at the 2nd half of the season. Look at how we've upgraded the squad. Look at our pre-season form. Look at the fact all teams start on 0 not -16. Look at the fact we have the best coach in the world. Now chin up man!!

Agree with you on the terrible Bravo keeping but 16 points =
5 defeats to wins + 1 defeat to a draw. OR
5 draws to wins + 2 defeats to wins.
It's a chasm and a bigger task than in 2011-12.
As to Pep being the best coach in the world - clearly only if he has good players in every position. Last season pragmatism was required - and it wasn't delivered - and his substitutions showed that isn't a strong point either.

Last edited:
My full prediction

Man City
Man Utd
Chelsea
Liverpool
Arsenal
Spurs
Everton
Leicester
West Ham
West Brom
Southampton
Bournemouth
Crystal Palace
Burnley
Swansea
Watford
Stoke
Newcastle
Brighton
Huddersfield

Last edited:
I personally would have us finishing second as 16 points is a lot to make up on Chelsea to win the league!
Chelsea will be the main challenge. 16 points is a lot to make up and improving our home form will be vital in this.
Assumes Chelsea will remain at the same level.

I think Mourinho sees the 14 teams that finished below them as the '3 pointers' and the top 5 as the '1 pointers', that's why he's assembled a team of big, physically imposing players. Generally those teams aren't likely to cut you apart with intricate one touch passing football and mostly pose a threat through set plays and he'll feel as though they can deal reasonably comfortably with that. I think we, and the other top 4 teams, can expect to see the same anti-football tactics he employed at The Etihad in April even when they're at home.
Exactly. He has already laid out his strategy for success, which has worked for him in the past, and has bought to add to the way he intends to play.

He plays not to lose FIRST, then to grab a win. They were quite successful at it last season, winning two trophies in the process and slinking into the CL through the back door. By the time his second season rolls around, he has usually got the tactics and personnel in place (although I think he might still be a few players shy this season) to follow his longstanding strategy.

All of that said, the title is in City's hands if we can consistently play anything like we did in pre-season. My hope is that we won't be so wasteful in front of goal and we can tighten up a bit at the back, which should be enough given the creativity we have in the side creating chances.

What I was most impressed with in pre-season was the level and intensity of the pressing in the opposition half. If we can keep players fit and fresh through rotation, that kind of intensity, coupled with the control and creativity when we have possession, should command almost every game and see us through. We were the only team in the League to have greater than 50% possession in every game we played and we put it to excellent use in almost every game...until that final pass or shot. We need to be slightly more clinical and, possibly, use one less pass, but then that is not a newsflash to anyone who watches us week in, week out.

We start as favorites because we are, by far, the best footballing team in the League. Now, it is just a matter of how we turn that into goals and points.

The future is Blue!

How much work to get those 16 points...
(Replace relegated team with promoted equivalent)

The low hanging fruit...(+6 points)
- Southampton (H) draw to win (+2)
- Middlesbrough (H) draw to win (+2)
- Stoke (H) draw to win (+2)

The more difficult fruit,,, (+7 points)
- Middlesbrough (A) draw to win (+2)
- Leicester (A) loss to win (+3)
- Everton (H) draw to win (+2) - only more difficult in light of their squad improvement.

Still 3 points short.

Achievable but not easy... (+9 points)
Chelsea (H) loss to win (+3)
Spurs (H) draw to win (+2)
Liverpool (H) draw to win (+2)
Utd (H) draw to win (+2)

Difficult to obtain extra points...
Liverpool (A) defeat
Spurs (A) defeat
Chelsea (A) defeat
Arsenal (A) draw
Everton (A) defeat

Difficult to maintain:
Utd (A) win - it's a derby (anything could happen)

Hey you could run a General Election style swingometer on this...

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.