prem league winter break

I take it everyone with this current hatred of the league cup isn't going to Wembley? And in the years running up to 2011 when we broke our duck you hated it too i presume, didn't think it worthy our last cup and all that, the 76 memory.. And don't give me the "times have changed" bollocks, it's a cup, that we've won 4 times, that is one of only 3 domestic honours you can win (plus the shield). Scrap the 2 legged semi, but all this talk of scrap the whole thing, when did we become the rags, we'll be ditching the fa cup to play in a world club tournament next ;)
That’s exactly the point I am trying to make, are we morphing into rags?

Reduce the EPL to 18 teams.
Isn’t there some UEFA rule that says no matches in CL weeks, or is that just no PL matches?
Matches can be played but not televised to protect their precious TV ratings. PL was fined last year for televising our home match with stoke on a CL night.

I'm all for it. I'd reduce the league to 18 but keep the league cup as it was devised to help poorer clubs generate cash early in the season. Scrap two legged semi finals and all extra times. Just go straight to penalties in all domestic cup comps, but would still retain replays in FA Cup as, again, it's a potential money spinner for smaller clubs.
As an aside to this post I fully agree with. The EFL should pick a neutral FL ground for the one off semis.

I have been in favour of a winter break for years. I get more in favour with every passing winter. It harms the players, the quality drops, injuries mount up, and too much pressure on family finances through the festive season. Cut replays from cups share the gate money pens on the night. FAcup one off semi at a neutral ground. I hate international games so not arsed what happens to that. Want the best for City and our players.

Don't have those first 2 international breaks,no replays in the cups,only have EFL cup for those clubs not in europe and if they want to take part with the prize being europa league place still,cut out the dec 31dec /jan 2nd type schedule at the festive season and make the season last a week or 2 later
simples- ish

I have been in favour of a winter break for years. I get more in favour with every passing winter. It harms the players, the quality drops, injuries mount up, and too much pressure on family finances through the festive season. Cut replays from cups share the gate money pens on the night. FAcup one off semi at a neutral ground. I hate international games so not arsed what happens to that. Want the best for City and our players.

Have English players (or players in England) publicly stated what they'd like to see? Is it fewer intl friendlies, 18 teams in the Prem, dumping the League Cup, no FAC replays and later qualifying matches for Prem/CL sides? There are a lot of ways to approach this from a fan or league management perspective but I'd be curious what those most affected by having a winter break or changing the game set (or not) think.

Have English players (or players in England) publicly stated what they'd like to see? Is it fewer intl friendlies, 18 teams in the Prem, dumping the League Cup, no FAC replays and later qualifying matches for Prem/CL sides? There are a lot of ways to approach this from a fan or league management perspective but I'd be curious what those most affected by having a winter break or changing the game set (or not) think.
I don’t know but the international games are set by FIFA not the PL or FA so I guess there’s fuck all to be done about them. It would be interesting to see what the players want perhaps the PFA could comment on their behalf.

I take it everyone with this current hatred of the league cup isn't going to Wembley? And in the years running up to 2011 when we broke our duck you hated it too i presume, didn't think it worthy our last cup and all that, the 76 memory.. And don't give me the "times have changed" bollocks, it's a cup, that we've won 4 times, that is one of only 3 domestic honours you can win (plus the shield). Scrap the 2 legged semi, but all this talk of scrap the whole thing, when did we become the rags, we'll be ditching the fa cup to play in a world club tournament next ;)

I think it's possible to support City in every competition and also respect those competitions whilst at the same time holding the view that something has to give in the future?

Players at clubs participating in European competition are being asked to play far too many games. I don't think it's ridiculous to suggest that one of the means we could achieve fewer games is by scrapping the less prestigious of the two domestic cup competitions? Do we really need two knock out domestic trophies? Do other countries have two? (that's a genuine question btw) I'm equally as happy with the suggestion of cutting down the size of the premier league too.

For as long as the league cup exists i can respect it as a competition and back City all the way in it, but I think it's fair to say it doesn't offer anything radically different to the FA Cup so might be something that needs a rethink in an era where players are being asked to play more games than ever (certainly for the team already playing extra games in European competitions).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.