Premier League Games 30/31 dec

TV reviews have to come in soon, it’s becoming a joke now.
Each team gets 2 reviews a match, job done.
It’s not rocket science!

I think so too. Referees can't be making mistakes of such magnitude, and when left with a difficult call, they should WANT to get it right. Video review is irritating but has been a big improvement in American sports, especially baseball and hockey.

Incidentally I think that was a pen.

Last edited:
Why only 2? Why not review whenever necessary to get the correct decision, like the TMO in rugby?

I think because in a sport with so little scoring, key scoring opportunities that revolve entirely around a ref's call (pens) and continuous play without stoppages, the best balance between getting calls right and letting the match flow is to allow teams to select which calls to review and to give them only a small number.

Why only 2? Why not review whenever necessary to get the correct decision, like the TMO in rugby?

It would become too stop start then.
How many contentious decisions are there in a match? Not that many really I would say.
Bit like in cricket, if the captain gets the review correct he still has it in the bank.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.