Premier league games 30/4 & 1/2 may 16

What a wonderful thing to happen to Leicester, congratulations! But can't help but think how bad it makes us look. First season in the top light for how many years? And they have already 1 title in the bag. And for all the money we have spent since the takeover, we only have 1 more league title to show for it. Our owners must be thinking how the hell have they been deliver only 2 league titles considering the backing they have given.

I don't disagree that it reflects quite poorly on us but look at it another way. In the past 5 PL seasons we've been the most successful team - we've won more titles than anyone. More than United, Chelsea, and Arsenal, so if it reflects badly on us it reflects equally as badly on those teams too, if not more so. Not to mention Liverpool who have spent more money than anyone else in the Premier League era without ever winning it. Even Spurs have been big spenders in recent years - Lamela cost more than Leicester's first XI combined. Not only that, it's not like we have nothing to show for our investment apart from a few trophies. We now have the best infrastructure in the country with the world's best manager due to take over so we should be very well set going forward.

Leicester's is a remarkable achievement but I'd sooner take the hit of them winning it rather than one of the more obvious candidates because while I don't think they'll necessarily disappear into the ether, it would've done us more damage if a club with better resources had won it.

I for one loved the Spurs kicking sht out of Chelsea. Chelsea deserved every stamp and gouge for their statements about wanting Leicster to win title before they even play them. I wish City showed the same bottle. Spurs were never really going to win the title so they left their mark on a group of players that usually dish it out but cannot take it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.