Premier League to discuss safe standing!

Long overdue. Several blocks stand anyway at every ground. Safe standing would be much safer than standing in seated rows where it's easier to go arse over tit.

Think the JFT96 campaign would exert immense pressure against this and that the authorities would be very reticent to go against them.

Think the JFT96 campaign would exert immense pressure against this and that the authorities would be very reticent to go against them.
I wouldn't be too sure, the fencing at the bottom of the stands was what did the damage in hillsborough.

I'm sure Klopp has an understanding of the positive effect safe standing areas can have on the atmosphere in a stadium, having been Dortmund boss for several years.

When the media (the Echo in this case) uses sub headings like this which is so misinformed, it's no surprise the campaign struggles to make in roads....

"My dad would be alive today if he had a seat at Hillsborough," says daughter Charlotte Hennessey

and this classic
“I’m not saying any other situation will be like Hillsborough, but you have to take into consideration the elderly, children, and disabled people - standing would not be safe for them.

No one is forcing the elderly, children and disabled people to stand up! Why do they print such crap?

Last edited:
We know that, but when it comes to milking every last ounce of grief out of a horrible situation, & manipulating people with it, for eternity, then that's why we have scousers.
Just abort a couple of chicken fetuses to distract them then, jobs a good un.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.