Premier League to discuss safe standing!

You mean them lot in wheelchairs that could miraculously run to the advertising hoardings when you scored that late goal against Dortmund last season? Surely not.....

Anfield produces miracles, Bilbo. ;-)

Indeed it does @kemlyn17 , indeed it does, I prayed for Chelsea to beat you that day, and thanks to Stevie Me, it happened ;o)
3XsonMw.gif

F**k off lads, that's low!!!.........that game never happened, the League finished at Norwich the week before. ;-)

Point taken, it just came across as unnecessarily confrontational and I usually stay away from replying, as I'm a guest on another team's forum.
HFSG will never support standing, I don't think the Club would be keen either and then you have the Council, Police, various diverse supporters groups, there has been issues with the Disabled supporters group on the Kop, so they may not be in favour and those who are have to tread sensitively. Most fans would support standing, as we stand much of the time now. My gut feeling is that standing will come in around the country, but Liverpool will remain all-seater.

Yeah, this is what I was alluding to when I said Liverpool fans who support safe standing are in a trickier position than the rest of us when it comes to voicing their support for it.

While I fully empathise with the HFSG, it's clear that standing itself wasn't to blame for what happened at Hillsborough. Even Lord Justice Taylor said in his report into the disaster that standing at football matches wasn't intrinsically unsafe. What happened that day was down to a combination of factors and right at the top of the list was police incompetence in allowing more and more fans to enter the already overcrowded central pens. And aside from the police cocking up royally on the day, while I accept that the Leppings Lane End was a dangerous terrace, that danger wasn't down to standing. The fact that fans were fenced in and had nowhere to go - forwards or backwards - if a situation of overcrowding developed was the issue. The safe standing areas we see today at German grounds and up at Celtic are as far removed from the fenced in terraces we were accustomed to in the 70's and 80's and as such you're far more likely to incur injuries in seated sections than modern safe standing sections. Plenty of times I've come home from a match with bruises on my legs as a result of celebrating goals and getting buffeted against the seating.

Like you, I think it's just a matter of time before it comes in now and if it does it will be a shame if Anfield stays all-seater because there's clearly huge support amongst Liverpool fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.