Premier league trophy presentation/parade

Chelsea stopped being Champions once the season started.

We are the current champions as we have won the league. In my eyes we will be champions until the next season kicks off in August.

Then nobody is champions as nobody has won that league season yet.

No-one is ever only champions for the summer - Teams are always referred to as the current champions the following season. Reason being no-one can usurp them with only 10 or 20 games played. We are now the champions, because we've won the league. Chelsea ceased being 'current' champions the minute the whistle was blown at the rags just like we will be the moment someone else wins it instead of us, whatever game that may be.

No-one is ever only champions for the summer - Teams are always referred to as the current champions the following season. Reason being no-one can usurp them with only 10 or 20 games played. We are now the champions, because we've won the league. Chelsea ceased being 'current' champions the minute the whistle was blown at the rags just like we will be the moment someone else wins it instead of us, whatever game that may be.

Chelsea were champions in season 2016-17.

As soon as this season (2017-18) kicked off they were no longer champions but are usually referred to as 'the champions' until the new champions are crowned.

As we all know next season we will be referred to as 'the champions' which although technically incorrect, feels great.

I'm also looking forward to the match of the day opening credits, with VK lifting the PL trophy - love that and I've missed it.

Chelsea were champions in season 2016-17.

As soon as this season (2017-18) kicked off they were no longer champions but are usually referred to as 'the champions' until the new champions are crowned.

As we all know next season we will be referred to as 'the champions' which although technically incorrect, feels great.

I'm also looking forward to the match of the day opening credits, with VK lifting the PL trophy - love that and I've missed it.

Surely they'd still be the reigning champions until somebody the following season wins the league

I've seen Leonard Cohen and M*******y mentioned on here. Christ; it's supposed to be a happy occasion. You don't want mass suicides with folk throwing themselves off level 3, FFS.
Don't know about that, if anyone was able to point out the M*******y fans I'd quite happily give them a push.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.