Premier League Young Player of the Year

Without wanting to sound American, they should make it 'Rookie of the Year' and make some changes to who is eligible:
  • Must be under 21
  • Must not have been involved for more that 2 seasons
  • Played less that 50 Premier League games
The idea that Sterling is eligible for this award is laughable. He is a 50 million pound, England international that has played over 200 professional games

Even more ridiculous is the fact that Sterling will still be eligible next season as well!

Without wanting to sound American, they should make it 'Rookie of the Year' and make some changes to who is eligible:
  • Must be under 21
  • Must not have been involved for more that 2 seasons
  • Played less that 50 Premier League games
The idea that Sterling is eligible for this award is laughable. He is a 50 million pound, England international that has played over 200 professional games
Well, it's not called "Rookie of the Year" - although such an award might be better. But I suppose the next thing that comes up is, "Who is a rookie?" First year P/L players? - but if so, what about the 31-year old, just breaking into the league? Or the French international, always in League A, but now, for the first time is in the P/L?

The requirements for "Young Player of the Year" eligibility might well be changed along the lines you suggest - but, at least to me. such changes seem arbitrary.

So... "Rookie of the Year" - is probably a non-starter. Young player of the year? - under 23 and in the P/L works for me (might prefer under 21 though).

If anyone bar Sterling or Sane win it the bias is completely evident. No one who fits the criteria has come anywhere close to what those two have done this season.

Sane or Ederson for me.

There’s no way Sterling is a ‘young player’ he’s been around for about 6 fucking years.

And whilst I’m at it, overall POTY is Fernandinho by a fucking mile.

Been my favourite player since he joined and has been absolutely outstanding this season. In every game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.