Preparations for next season

jay_mcfc

Our record the season after a major summer tournament has been poor in the past decade. This won't be popular, especially with those on the 100 goals/points bet, but in my opinion we should give some players a break before the season is finished. Kompany, Aguero, Fernandinho, Silva, De Bruyne, Walker, Sané and Sterling especially. This not only gives youth and fringe players a chance to get games but also for those big players to go into the summer tournament fresh which, hopefully, will result in them coming back better in August.

We are very lucky to be in the position we're in, it's well worth taking advantage of it imo.

Our record the season after a major summer tournament has been poor in the past decade. This won't be popular, especially with those on the 100 goals/points bet, but in my opinion we should give some players a break before the season is finished. Kompany, Aguero, Fernandinho, Silva, De Bruyne, Walker, Sané and Sterling especially. This not only gives youth and fringe players a chance to get games but also for those big players to go into the summer tournament fresh which, hopefully, will result in them coming back better in August.

We are very lucky to be in the position we're in, it's well worth taking advantage of it imo.
Totally agree De bruyne Walker and Sane have played a lot of football this year with 6 weeks remaining each could have a break.

i dont think 5x90 mins in 4 weeks is going to hurt them hahaha they are professional athletics after all.

they have 5 matches in 5/6 weeks they will be chilled no stress,they will be buzzing, would they want time off ?

I think it should be a decision made by Pep and the fitness staff. If it was me I would talk to each player and their national coach and see what the best case scenario is for each player. But the final decision should be Pep's and it should be with the sole intention of 2018/19 in mind.

I know there's only one game a week from now on but it's still been a long season and they'll all have niggles. They'd still have to train every day. If they don't have a two week break now, then the chances are a few of them at least will be given extra time off and miss out on any pre-seaon. So for me, it would be better to give them a holiday now and go from there. They would still play the last two games and the world cup warm up games.

Club Over Country every time, Pep will want 5 wins from 5 and yes we may see more of Foden, Diaz, Mendy, Yaya, Tosin etc in that time. Then he can discharge them and worry about the WC. Frankly its not city's issue.

the last match in the prem is on may 13th may ,they get a month off before the world cup starts,the players will want to be around the club until the end of the season,they will be reinvigorated with this title win.

All the players are going to be walking on air, no stress just the chance to go out and play some beautiful football and enjoy themselves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.