Price of Football

Typical media soundbite nonsense yet again. If it was a truly scientific study they'd look at things like the average price per season ticket holder (excluding hospitality) for each club, the average increase each club's fans faced & the average price of away tickets for each club's fans at the home club, compared to the average price for away fans at that club. These are the figures that really mean something to us match-going fans.

They have at least recognised that our match-day tickets are the second most expensive, which is utterly shameful.

City1974 said:
The key statistic about both season tickets and matchday tickets is surely the average cost rather than who has the cheapest or most expensive.

The low cost £ 299 for City is good but how many, what % of the total no. of season tickets cost £ 299

Similarly with matchday tickets.

As for food perhaps best to eat either just before or after a match rather than pay over the odds inside any ground.

If replica shirt prices are set by the manufacturer then that is beyond the control of the club, but the club could offer some special discounts\offers\sales at times and take a small hit themselves.

The new TV money should allow\force clubs to reduce costs of season and matchday tickets for all clubs. This is possible and City should set the benchmark. They have an opportunity here. I hope they take it.
Spot on. Otherwise it's very misleading.

cleavers said:
The whole headline in this "report" should be that football clubs in England are just taking the piss on prices, especially given where peoples earnings have gone.

Worse than anything, nobody is doing anything about it, other than fans complaining.
Why would they?

Last season was a record-breaker for the Premier League in terms of supporter numbers. More seats sold were sold than ever before with 95.9% utilisation, a 3% increase in season ticket sales to 491,263, and a 2.8% rise in average away attendance.

The people at the top don't care whether the person buying the ticket has bought 1, 100 or 1000 tickets previously, all they care is that the tickets sell.

cleavers said:
Some great "headlines" out of this for City, but the reality of our prices is a long way from these headlines sadly.

That we have a few season tickets cheaper than Halifax, Cheltenham, and Southend United is quite clever, but its a minuscule number of tickets, and if you want to watch us on a more casual basis, we are as expensive as any team in the PL.

The whole headline in this "report" should be that football clubs in England are just taking the piss on prices, especially given where peoples earnings have gone.

Worse than anything, nobody is doing anything about it, other than fans complaining.

The biggest joke is the "category's" clubs now have, where a PL game between 2 clubs can cost as little as £20, and between 2 other clubs over £60, there is no justification to that difference, other than greed, supply and demand is fine, and its right to expect that City V Arsenal is more than City V Hull, but 2x or 3x as much ? Its not policing costs either, the main reason "category's" were originally brought in many years ago, especially as ticket prices contribute only a small proportion of a clubs revenue, compared to sponsorship, and TV revenue.
All fans have to do is stop going. Problem is that people complain but still pay.

How arsenal get away with their ticket prices is amazing to me. That stadium should be empty not full given how much those tickets are.

Wow the media seem to be fooled into thinking our £299 ticket are readily available, what a load of shit, we are as bad as most clubs in this country.

City really need to lobby for safe standing areas, I can't believe we cannot do it in this country safely with the technology that is available. It's not like if it was introduced we'd have a million fans stood up, it could be controlled so easily. It could also so easily be regulated as all a law would need is say some sort of mandatory technology to manage the amount of people going in the ground which we already have. The problem in the past with standing is that many in the ground got in without a ticket and so you had too many people in. I doubt that even happens anymore with the card system in use and amount of stewards.

If we had safe standing areas not only could we fill the ground with more people but we could charge them considerably less like they do in Germany. If a ticket was only a tenner but you had to stand up I'd be on every week but I can't afford it what with it being 15 quid each just to get to Manchester, double that to drive and park then you have your match ticket which is usually above £35. With us being in every competition and playing almost 3 times a week it's just not affordable to go to every game which I'd love to do. German football may not be all that great beyond the top few but at least everything around it is built for the fans.

City1974 said:
The key statistic about both season tickets and matchday tickets is surely the average cost rather than who has the cheapest or most expensive.

The low cost £ 299 for City is good but how many, what % of the total no. of season tickets cost £ 299

Similarly with matchday tickets.

As for food perhaps best to eat either just before or after a match rather than pay over the odds inside any ground.

If replica shirt prices are set by the manufacturer then that is beyond the control of the club, but the club could offer some special discounts\offers\sales at times and take a small hit themselves.

The new TV money should allow\force clubs to reduce costs of season and matchday tickets for all clubs. This is possible and City should set the benchmark. They have an opportunity here. I hope they take it.

The problem here is the price of success. With FFP we simply cannot afford to take a hit on anything. The club at this moment in time is having to do every possible thing maximize the money coming in, not reduce it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.