Price of Football

Yep, the same bollocks as usual. I spend nothing on their extras. For home league games it costs me £600 s/card + £39 fuel round trip including wear n tear and depreciation (i take 3 others and don’t charge them and park on street). I spend very little at the game, a drink and/or sweets/chewy/mints from the shop (£1.50 at a push) and I might get a jumbo sausage or a pie from the chippy on the way back (not in ground) if it’s an odd kick off time a couple of times per season.

All in all it’s £670 for me.

I like that Brighton have included transport similar to German clubs. Although it works out at roughly £10 each for the season with a car full I would look at it differently if travel within GMPTE area was included

FFP is one reason for high ticket prices. If not for FFP we could be let in for 50p each, or £1 in hospitality. But then the Sheikh would be subsidising us, and I don't see why he should, FFP or no FFP.

Thing is, even at the current stupid prices, most grounds are pretty full most of the time. So I don't see any real hope of prices coming down. You could say the market is working, albeit it excludes many potential fans.

What annoys me most to be honest is the rip off agencies that somehow get away with charging well above face value. Yet if an ordinary person does that, they can, at least in theory, be prosecuted.

Personally I don't find match day tickets too bad and the food and drink prices are to be expected really at an enertainment venue but some of the prices in the club shop are eye watering. I just bought my son the new club tracksuit £78!!! I fancied a zippy but it was £105!! That's my monthly food bill in Aldis!! And everything nike make these days feels paper thin! Where's the good old fashioned cotton tracksuit and a woollen club shirt!

No premier League game should cost over £30 to get in for a matchday ticket.
Standard Seasoncards £400.

Not a chance while we and other clubs are selling out.
We've alienated a whole socio-economic group from matchday attendance with current prices which is a great shame.
Hope we expand and proliferate the £299 tickets further for the less fotunate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.