Printer Networking II

TINY

Im FUCKED if I can work this FUCKING thing out. Ahhhh that felt better.

Ok so I've bought a new printer. Nice. And I've bought a new printer server. Nice. Plugged printer in and its printed off a test page. Nice. Come onto the computer...what the fuck do I do now??

I'm reading these intructions and I may as well read the damn German pages, it'd make more sense! So anyone help me set this DAMN thing up, I'm sure I'm over-complicating things but I'm stumped. Cheers in advance.

Ah, I've been waiting for the sequel! I presume you just need to set it up like you would set up a wireless computer...I've never done it before, but is there a page for the print server (eg like your wireless router homepage?)?

You bastards. Your supposed to say "ahhhh Tiny, all you need to do is...."...Well I've tried searching for wireless networks but nothing comes up apart from my internet...any suggestions.

TINY said:
You bastards. Your supposed to say "ahhhh Tiny, all you need to do is...."...Well I've tried searching for wireless networks but nothing comes up apart from my internet...any suggestions.

Did the print server come with a CD and have you installed the actual printer driver onto the PC?

lol from a group of bluemooners? you must be joking lol

im scanning around for you TINY, the make and model of the print server would be useful if you please :-)

bjones371 said:
lol from a group of bluemooners? you must be joking lol

im scanning around for you TINY, the make and model of the print server would be useful if you please :-)

I think This is what he got.

Never installed one before, but you if you want to go through some of the steps in the instruction book might be able to give you a hand?!

Sorry about that.

Yeah that is the one I got mate.

If it would help I've got the .pdf of the manual and quick start guide, both of which make no sense.

Manual
http://download.yousendit.com/DF194DA95F41DB0D&

Quick Start Guide
http://download.yousendit.com/62B017A6174BFB14

It says I have to connect the print server to a router using an ethernet cable...but whats the fucking point in that? It wont be wireless then would it? The way I have the house set up is:

In room A: Desktop computer & wireless router (Linksys)
In room B: Wireless Laptop connected to the internet via the wireless router
In room C: Printer and wireless print server.

If that makes some sense? No idea what I'm supposed to do next lol

I'm not sure, I presume you might have to first connect it with an ethernet cable to put your network key in the print server so it can connect to your wireless network?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.