Problems with extended highlights of the game

Bluekiwi

Team supported
Manchester City (from 1955) & Adelaide Crows (AFL)
I tried to watch the highlights from the OS but had major problem.

The commentary sounded like a steam engine struggling up a hill. And the picture was like watching one of those old black and white movies - stammering between clips.

I'm running Windows 7 on a HP laptop through a broadband connection. The browser was IE11 - I could download Firefox or Chrome - would either of those be a better option.

Any suggestions for me to get a decent video feed?

Last edited:
I tried to watch the highlights from the OS but had major problem.

The commentary sounded like a steam engine struggling up a hill. And the picture was like watching one of those old black and white movies - stammering between clips.

I'm running Windows 7 on a HP laptop through a broadband connection. The browser was IE11 - I could download Firefox or Chrome - would either of those be a better option.

Any suggestions for me to get a decent video feed?
If there was a problem earlier it's certainly fine now using Chrome on Win 10. Check your download speed first (www.speedtest.net) and then try Chrome.

If there was a problem earlier it's certainly fine now using Chrome on Win 10. Check your download speed first (www.speedtest.net) and then try Chrome.
Thanks for the advice. I downloaded Chrome and ran the speed test - varies considerably at different times of the day. So got to watch the videos without too many stoppages. I have the feeling that there are too many users for the available capacity. My daughter lives in Pakenham near Melbourne and her connection speed is crap most of the time as the town has expanded so rapidly without the same expansion of the infrastructure.

City use Brighthouse edge caching servers for content delivery, i don't think they have any close to you boss so that won't help.
That said mix that in with what you say about over sold lines and you have a recipe for annoyance i think :-(

City use Brighthouse edge caching servers for content delivery, i don't think they have any close to you boss so that won't help.
That said mix that in with what you say about over sold lines and you have a recipe for annoyance i think :-(
Didn't have the problem last season, and the fact that I've lost the service that gave me ALL our EPL games live as Sky have got the contract again, it is a season of annoyance - oh well that's life.

Must be the oversold lines then, greedy isp's. It happens all to often and they can get away with it because nobody can really check besides themselves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.