Proper Coppers... do they exist?

BigJoe#1

Serious question here.

Have we got what I would call proper policemen? The true, fully trained and qualified police officers seem to be a dying breed.

All I ever see these days are PCSO's. I understand these individuals have no power of arrest, all they can do is detain you.

So where have all the police officers gone and, more importantly where are the police officers of tomorrow?

This to me looks like the police force is being set up to be privatised, a bit like when Thatcher privatised all the utilities and apprenticeships dried up over night.

I am genuinely concerned.

Serious question here.

Have we got what I would call proper policemen? The true, fully trained and qualified police officers seem to be a dying breed.

All I ever see these days are PCSO's. I understand these individuals have no power of arrest, all they can do is detain you.

So where have all the police officers gone and, more importantly where are the police officers of tomorrow?

This to me looks like the police force is being set up to be privatised, a bit like when Thatcher privatised all the utilities and apprenticeships dried up over night.

that should cheer baconface up.

Serious question here.

They are currently sitting in nice seats behind big desks.

Dixon of Dock Green is a thing of the past. Plod that would give the proverbial clip around the ear and use common sense to solve a problem.
The dibble are hindered by too many guidelines and regulations preventing common sense action as well as the general public having a lack of respect for the fuzz. In some cases justified

If plod tried to give a clip round the ear now the little twats would pull their hoods up start filming him on their phones and have him sacked because they know their rights.

The dwindling band of actual trained coppers are reserved only for use in shows like Police Interceptors and Road wars or to go on Crime Watch to appeal for public help to do their jobs. Beat bobbies, bobbies on bike etc mostly went some years ago - there are a few trendy Parks Police types on mountain bikes - and a lot of forces are even getting rid of the mounted sections. Your job is only safe if it can be utilised in making you a minor celeb so the Home Sec can see people can see where their taxes are being spent - providing material for TV stations

Society has changed to where I don't think common sense policing will ever be used again. Political correctness and lack of funding and supervision have all but disappeared. My grandad was a bobby during the 2nd world war in Southend, he had to knock on people's door's to make sure their curtains were completely closed during a bombing raid, he was probably the most stand up man I've ever met and wish there were more people like him

The local copper was cool when i was a nipper, if we were in the park and to excited running around he would essentially babysit us all. The whole area's kids would play there so if they saw the officer there most would have a chat and ask if he was staying then go of for affairs or whatever. He would get the paper out and keep order over up to 40 kids. I can't remember once any of us speaking back to him age 8ish or even after, if you saw him doing his beat as a teen he got respect from us, all of them did, they were just dad figures to us and if we were naughty our mums would have been told.

When i was in my teens the cops and local cricket club allowed us basically to drink there as it was away from houses and if we used teh bins for our bottles and basically tidied up after ourselves we were ok to use it. The cops knew where we were and would come over, give us a fake hard time and laugh at us basically but didn't tip out beer away etc. As a kid my relationship with the police was only ever very good tbh.

Now i agree about the lack of coppers. Near me now one copper does a round on a crosser as we have a park dickheads take bikes on etc. This fella, i forget the name but when his name is mentioned all the local lads faces go stern. This fella will meet their bullshit with a ramming of a bike and does it with glee apparently (on the grass i mean, on the park), basically he is not to be fucked with. He alone probably keeps half the area scrotes heads down on his own.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.