Prostate Biopsy ... should I,or not ?

oakiecokie

Saw a Consultant yesterday, having been referred by my own GP,after two blood samples showed a slight high reading of 5.1 and then 5.9.
When referrals are made the Consultant says she always offers a biopsy or I could be kept under watch by my own GP,with further blood checks over the next 12 months.
The consultant explained that for a biopsy a local anaesthetic into the anus would help and then explained the possible negatives ie. blood in stools,semen and urine for a few days,bleeding from the rectum,infection.
However my biggest concern is the slight risk of blood poisoning ( ).This brought back memories of my Dad dying from this 13 years ago and I really don`t know what to do.Has anyone had this procedure done and is it as bad as people make out ?

I've not had anything like this Oakie, but I hope everything goes well and they can sort out any problems very quickly.

Sounds like a right laugh :(
I've not had anything like that, not do I know anyone who has, so can't say one way or the other, i would say, discuss it with your family and make a decision based on what they say. Best of luck whichever you decide pal

Its quite an unpleasant procedure, put me off gay sex for life. I needed to stop twice on the 10 mile journey home, sitting down was quite painful. The bonus for my missus was that I volunteered to do the ironing when I got home, any excuse to stand up. The blood in urine, semen etc isn't just for a few days more like a few weeks. And I did experience a degree of incontinence (sudden desperate need to pee) for a while.

I expect I'll have to have it a few more times (family history, borderline reading, slightly swollen and hard prostate). Its not something I'm looking forward to repeating but on balance would find it difficult to refuse.

Go mate and get any care you need right now.

hope all goes well for you blue.

Get it done soft arse ..... Couldn't resist (:

Even though you're 103 oakie I'm not prepared to comment in a 'R.I.P' thread for you iust yet, I've got at least 10 years worth of material for you to suffer...

Chin up bud, you're thinking the worse because of your old man, you're ahead of this, stay ahead!!!!

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Get it done soft arse ..... Couldn't resist (:

Even though you're 103 oakie I'm not prepared to comment in a 'R.I.P' thread for you iust yet, I've got at least 10 years worth of material for you to suffer...

Chin up bud, you're thinking the worse because of your old man, you're ahead of this, stay ahead!!!!

Thats it,take the piss out of us old farts and cripples. ;)
You`re probably correct ref my Dad,but to see him in agony with blood poisoning and finally being kept alive on a ventilator for 12 hours,before we switched it off,is certainly at the back of my mind.
The Consultant isn`t suggesting its cancerous but until a biopsy can be taken ... ??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.