Prostate Biopsy ... should I,or not ?

BUMP.
Hi Chaps
Thought I`d bump this thread just to give you an update.
Now had a six monthly blood sample taken and some very good news for me.The PSA showed that it had come down quite considerably from 5.9 to now 3.7, without any sort of treatment.
Its worth remembering that after seeing the Consultant who offered me a torturous piece of equipment that would be inserted into my anus to take a biopsy,I thankfully declined.
Will know more on Monday when I see my GP,but this is just a note to one and all who are thinking of having the biopsy, that a blood screening every six months might be another consideration.
However, I do understand every one of is different and unfortunately some of you may not have my option,but if you have a lowish reading of under 6.0 then maybe,just maybe,your anus will still be intact. ;)

Excellent news mate, glad it's gone well.
At the moment, my brother in law, who is a right wimpy twat, is having the symptoms that require attention,
but will not let a doctor near him. My Mrs, his Mrs, me, and his kids are begging him to just see his GP to get checked out,
but he says 'He'd rather die' than have anyone mess with his nether regions. I've got to the stage of considering binding and gagging
the stupid bastard and dragging him to the quacks, it is that frustrating. Each time I see him and he's rushing off for a piss every 5 minutes,
I remind him that he'll probably get his wish about departing this mortal coil, but nothing seems to work.

BUMP.
Hi Chaps
Thought I`d bump this thread just to give you an update.
Now had a six monthly blood sample taken and some very good news for me.The PSA showed that it had come down quite considerably from 5.9 to now 3.7, without any sort of treatment.
Its worth remembering that after seeing the Consultant who offered me a torturous piece of equipment that would be inserted into my anus to take a biopsy,I thankfully declined.
Will know more on Monday when I see my GP,but this is just a note to one and all who are thinking of having the biopsy, that a blood screening every six months might be another consideration.
However, I do understand every one of is different and unfortunately some of you may not have my option,but if you have a lowish reading of under 6.0 then maybe,just maybe,your anus will still be intact. ;)

Good to hear Oakie. :)

At the moment, my brother in law, who is a right wimpy twat, is having the symptoms that require attention,
but will not let a doctor near him. My Mrs, his Mrs, me, and his kids are begging him to just see his GP to get checked out,
but he says 'He'd rather die' than have anyone mess with his nether regions. I've got to the stage of considering binding and gagging
the stupid bastard and dragging him to the quacks, it is that frustrating. Each time I see him and he's rushing off for a piss every 5 minutes,
I remind him that he'll probably get his wish about departing this mortal coil, but nothing seems to work.

Do what you can pal, same thing happened with my uncle and he is no longer with us sadly. Wouldn't let the doctor near his arse because it was "gay", absolute idiot.

Will he not even consider having a blood sample first and foremost ? However I suspect that his GP would like to examine his prostate with a finger but hell whats to fear in that ?

Thanks mate.Hope your Dads doing well.Any news on the Wembley Tickets by the way ?
Payment hasn't been taken by the club as yet mate, so will let everyone know when it has.

Finish work at midday today as we have another appointment at hospital for him. He is doing really well. 4th lot of chemo almost done. Starts the 5th lot next week.

Payment hasn't been taken by the club as yet mate, so will let everyone know when it has.

Finish work at midday today as we have another appointment at hospital for him. He is doing really well. 4th lot of chemo almost done. Starts the 5th lot next week.
Wonder if he`ll be fit enough to come to our next meeting and hear what Paul Lake has to say ? Wish your dad well from me mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.