"Providing you don't kiss me" Brian Clough biog

Didsbury Dave

I can thoroughly recommend this book to any football fan. It really does take you back to an era long gone and provides a brilliant insight into Clough's complete mix of genius and madness. It doesn't hide from the boozing and, in lots of ways, makes you wonder how the hell he performed his remarkable feats as manager.

Noone will ever do again what Clough and Taylor did - taking a shit team with poor crowds to two European Cup wins in a couple of years. And the tales of his eccentricity, especially when the booze was getting hold of him, are superb.

What a guy. What a nutter. And what a legend.

RIP

I really admire Clough, sure he had his problems but he had a take no shit attitude to footballers and press and anyone in general. Could do with somebody like him at the top of football today, he would sort it out that's for sure!

manclad said:
The best manager that England never had.

The impression the book gives is that he would have caused all sorts of international incidents if he had been! He was racist at times, for a start. He called Africans "Spear Chuckers" and all sorts of stuff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.