Psychiatric ward

PinkFinal

I've just had my first experience of a psychiatric ward, a 5 day stay.

They are horrendous places, nothing to do all day, loads of truly lost souls.

I really thought I was going to be there for weeks or even months and before I was told I could leave I was in a pretty desperate state, stuck in my room alone doing exercises and reading any old crap to keep myself occupied. As one of the reasons I was in there revolved around not having the will to do anything, being somewhere where stimulation is absent is true mental torture.

They are so horrendous that you do appreciate your freedom and the fact that there are others worse off than you and that a lot of the things that mess people up are caused by their own vanity and ego. The people who work in them are amazing, though.

I'm still scared, and worried about the future, life's become agony for me and I felt I was past the point of no return.

Hope you get the help and support you need mate. I've never suffered from any mental illness but I've seen people who are close to me suffer and it's a horrible fucking thing to witness and I can't imagine what it's like to actually go through it yourself. Get well soon mate.

Are you getting support on the outside ? It must be very hard to come away from that and know exactly how to start climbing back up that ladder.

I've just had my first experience of a psychiatric ward, a 5 day stay.

They are horrendous places, nothing to do all day, loads of truly lost souls.

I really thought I was going to be there for weeks or even months and before I was told I could leave I was in a pretty desperate state, stuck in my room alone doing exercises and reading any old crap to keep myself occupied. As one of the reasons I was in there revolved around not having the will to do anything, being somewhere where stimulation is absent is true mental torture.

They are so horrendous that you do appreciate your freedom and the fact that there are others worse off than you and that a lot of the things that mess people up are caused by their own vanity and ego. The people who work in them are amazing, though.

I'm still scared, and worried about the future, life's become agony for me and I felt I was past the point of no return.
A problem shared is a problem halved. I'm sorry to hear of your problems, and hope you can find a way through them. Ask for advice on here if you feel you need it. There will be loads who can offer sound guidance.

Sounds grim. Have you been in the transfer forum for any length of time? Its probably worse.

Thanks for the replies.

I must say most I met inside the ward were just perfectly sane and reasonable ordinary people who'd hit a brick wall or been affected by things like bereavement. And I saw very little aggression and no violence, contrary to stereotypes. I don't think it's that big a deal being in there, nowadays.

Will write more later.

Mate I was in one last year, went cold turkey after about 6 months of a bottle of scotch and a six pack a day then after 3 days started hallucinating, scary shit, was seeing things that weren't there. Called the cops and paramedics myself.Got committed.The people i met on the ward I'm still in touch with now, decent folks that just got dealt a rough hand. One is doing my next tattoo. Agree about the nurses too, very helpful, understanding and they don't judge. Was it stepping hill??

Jesus, that's desperate news. I see a lot of people with mental health issues where I work, and it's the one thing I wouldn't wish on anyone. Whatever you do, steer clear of that fucking referendum thread - you'll get more sense in the Transfer Forum.

Chin up mate hope you are ok got loads of city books I have read if you want a couple send me a pm

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.