Psychiatric ward

Lifted me up this. My lad only got diagnosed in April at the age of 15. He'd been dismissed as having anything up by previous doctors. He was then given Melotonin to help him sleep, a weighted blanket to stop him waking up again in the middle of the night. His "triad of impairments" was worst in social settings and has spent literally years in his room despite our encouragement he often felt the loneliest person as he got bullied at school and would invent illnessess not to go. He also started seeing clowns - which I thought myself he was making up - but apparently the mind can see anything it wants to help it cope - he said he did find it comforting in a strange way. Now he's been at college for 3 months and is loving it. He's got new friends and while i've had to reign him in for his own good e.g. going to the otherside of town and getting off his rocks with his mates (weed) and me then having to pick him up its something we all go through as youngsters. I have been doing my best to make him at least try to see things from the perspective of others just so he doesn't offend or make life more difficult for people. It can be very hard work and sometimes I just can't engage with him as he usually only wants to talk about The Flash, Superman, Weed, Seth Rogen or Star Wars. But his life is slowly turning round for the better. He is only 16 after all and i'm feeling a lot more positive about his future than I used to.

LOL!!

How you not relate to him when you're 'The Silver Surfer' fronting for 'Galactus'?!!

IIRC, Spidey, FF and Silver and some short meleé against Galactus the Planet Eater! You could really explain the changes Spidey has gone through in the years gone by (it's only research! He'd love it!).

I could be cross referencing comics, btw.

Hazy memory!!

People lose patience when you have a breakdown,i think in the end they expect you to snap out of it.i deal with my depression on my own now,me and my doctor is all i need,he tells me straight what i need to do,i hate people hoovering and fussy,each to their own but i deal better alone

People lose patience when you have a breakdown,i think in the end they expect you to snap out of it.i deal with my depression on my own now,me and my doctor is all i need,he tells me straight what i need to do,i hate people hoovering and fussy,each to their own but i deal better alone

I think not so long ago, that was true about 'snapping out of it' and when the last generation has gone, that will be gone too.

I think people want to see you 'fight', so they know you're not just allowing the quicksand to claim you.

They're just helpless is all.

I think not so long ago, that was true about 'snapping out of it' and when the last generation has gone, that will be gone too.

I think people want to see you 'fight', so they know you're not just allowing the quicksand to claim you.

They're just helpless is all.
That's a good way to put it,i'm sure they mean well but unless you have been there and all that

The weird thing about me being ranted at is that I've improved immeasurably in the last 6 seeks or so. Going to gigs, City, even travelling to other cities, these are things I honestly felt I could never do again the depression was so severe.

Thanks for your post Bigga, food for thought.

Last thing to add, Pink, is if your house really is a mess, it's a mirror of your thought process.

Believe me, I know the ball ache of tidying, when you're down and when you think about, you won't know how most of the sh*t got there in the first place! But, it's really important to keep your gaff clear as it will lift your spirits further.

You may well be tidy and if so, ignore me. Being with someone is easier to mask that feeling as stuff gets done for you.

But when I was single and down, I couldn't give two fooks about anything. So, have a look around and make sure there's no clutter.

It's all good if you're not affected.

Just sayin'.

LOL!!

How you not relate to him when you're 'The Silver Surfer' fronting for 'Galactus'?!!

IIRC, Spidey, FF and Silver and some short meleé against Galactus the Planet Eater! You could really explain the changes Spidey has gone through in the years gone by (it's only research! He'd love it!).

I could be cross referencing comics, btw.

Hazy memory!!

Yeah I know, but he isn't interested its The Flash or Superman unless some blockbuster is out like Deadpool.
Believe me I try on a daily basis, its just very hard work and sometimes after trying day in day out it gets you down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.