Puma - £650M shirt deal confirmed

Doesn't the Nike deal go till the end of next season? Feel like it is strange details of the Puma deal have been leaked so early. Also based on current and future trajectory feel the deal should be at least level with Chelsea.

Yes it does, but as someone said earlier in the thread, City may have leaked some info to see if there's another manufacturer who will start a bidding war

That's coming up more teal than sky blue on my screen, but I don't hate the idea.

Personally, I think it's quite dreadful, as there's no white
I know some people think so long as the shorts are white then it's OK to leave it off the shirt, but I don't believe that's correct

Chelsea got the the CL Quarters in 1999-2000. And had won the FA Cup in 1997 and then the UEFA Cup Winners Cup and UEFA Super Cup in 1998. This was all before Abramovich went there. They had a head start before their big money came in. They are around 14 years ahead of us in terms of when we started being a seriously top side when we won the FA Cup and qualified for the CL in 2011 and we started from a much lower base when Sheikh Mansour came in 2008.

Yeah, exactly. Just that I always think of them in their 80s & early 90s incarnation, when actually they were very successful when the PL exploded on TV round the world.

Happy with this then apart from the PL badges should be gold!

Screen-Shot-2018-01-14-at-8.29.54-AM-156896941-1515919552887.png
Coventry City - 2018/19 quadruple winner shirt....

Yes it does, but as someone said earlier in the thread, City may have leaked some info to see if there's another manufacturer who will start a bidding war

Personally, I think it's quite dreadful, as there's no white
I know some people think so long as the shorts are white then it's OK to leave it off the shirt, but I don't believe that's correct

I totally understand that view, mate. I’d probably prefer some white on the shirt, but it’s not a deal breaker. White shorts is though.

Two of my lot dropped out the last time the price went up by £50. All of us remained when we had the freeze but another one dropped out last Summer when it went up £50 again.

I’m in the lucky position of having no kids so I’ll be okay for a few years but it’s because I’m alright doesn’t mean I’m not firmly on the side of those who are dropping away.

There is absolutely no need for normal SCs to be more than £600. None whatsoever. Mine is £800. That £50 rise last Summer felt like a real “fuck you you ****s, we’re milking you for every last penny until we get you cheapos all out and have a full SC base of middle class nobodies and tourists”.

The club do not really need these 45000 x £50 rises every year. It’s just so some back room staff fucker can justify having his job and pay rise as he keeps that profit margin tipping over every year or two.
Agree totally.
And then club apparatchiks complain about the atmosphere. You really couldn't make it up!
The club could make £8 a game on average from every punter if food and drink kiosks has speedy service.

As an aside Spurs fans are going to get hit with a £120 AVERAGE increase at their new gaff for the equivalent seats at WHL. £39 for cheap seats and £395 for the higher end seats.

Last edited:
Apart from the navy trim on collar and sleeves, the Puma shirt reminds me of our umbro shirt from early 80s with Brother(may be Saab) as sponsor.

I just hope the shirts [kids in particular] are either cheaper or more importantly better quality or both. The more recent Nike ones seem to last 5 minutes yet the older ones the kids have are still totally fine to wear.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.