Put petrol in a diesel engine.....help!

I did this a couple of years ago on the Autoroute in France. I phoned the breakdown people and said I was on the A10. Whereabouts on the A10? I'm just south of some such service station. The poor girl thought I was in Essex. The bloody French fixed me up both ways. They led me to a petrol pump that said diesel and then got me to use the black hose, same as here. I bought the good stuff! Two kilometres down the motorway the engine begins to wobble, loses power and as I looking the rear view mirror there a fuckin' great wagon bearing down on me! I just pull into some little recessed area by a 'farm gate' and then phone the AA who thought I was in Essex. As I'm talking to the guy who's telling me what to do, a breakdown lorry comes up behind me and I think " 'Kinell 'ell, I've not finished telling 'em where I am and the breakdown man comes"! Turns out to be a French Vietnamese guy who has no English but does have a laminated sheet in several languages, one of which says 'Have you broken down?' Mrs Ewing, who is fluent in this foreign tongue told him we had, he makes a phone call and a wagon appears in little time on the opposite carriageway. He gets out, opens the corresponding gate on the other side and a minute or two later he is on our side opening the 'farm gate'! He's called Jacques and he comes with plastered wry smile. He's a nice guy. We have three bikes on the carrier at the back. These have to come off and get shoved inside the cab along with the two of us and Jacques, and the bike carrier. We drive to a local garage where he has a sniff of the petrol/diesel cap and proclaims "Essence!" I filled the fuckin' tank with petrol - 78 fuckin' Euros of the stuff! I'm thinking all the time that we're fucked and it's a new engine. After a moment or two I am shown a folder with a list of priced jobs, one of which is 165 euros for sucking petrol out of the tank. This takes half an hour or so and then we settle up. 110 euros for towing me off the autoroute, and 165 Euro for sucking the shit out of the tank, and then, the thing that nearly got me all tearful - 20 euros for 'disposing' of my 78 euros of top quality high octane petrol! The two guys who performed this miracle were mightily taken with the Swedish bike carrier and it's high tech design!

French diesel - it's in the fucking ORANGE hose pipes!

I put about £20 of petrol in a Mercedes Sprinter van a few years back. I noticed before it was full, then brimmed it with diesel. The engine ran hot for 30-40 miles but it was okay in the end.

It's the long term damage apparently! It could be weeks or months then one day....kauputo!
New engine job.....I'll learn from it!

I did this in a Renault Megane about a month ago, realised at the pump after i'd put a few gallons of petrol in, stopped and filled up with Diesel, still running fine now over 500 miles later.

It's the long term damage apparently! It could be weeks or months then one day....kauputo!
New engine job.....I'll learn from it!

Don't say that! It wasn't my car!!!!

Well at least you got best advice from the experts .and you didnnt listen to some of the headbangers on here .whats up with you lol what could of gone wrong if took this mobs advice

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.