QPR hit with £40m FFP fine

Fernandes was not a football man and was badly let down by who ever was advising him to appoint football managers and staff. He was ripped off by the usual suspects, Arry springs to mind as one of them.

Funny that, the same thing had occurred to me.

Fernandes was not a football man and was badly let down by who ever was advising him to appoint football managers and staff. He was ripped off by the usual suspects, Arry springs to mind as one of them.

He implied as much himself, but to his credit didn't make excuses saying that was his choice - but that it wouldn't happen again.

One of the last times i watched sky sports news was when this guy took over. He talked a shrewd game and seemed switched on. Clearly remember him saying "no more mismanagement, we will live within our means and be smart and spend if needed in the market".

Should have listened to yourself Tony really. A heavy penalty to be sure but it is like someone crying after purposely sticking their hand in a fire. You struggle to have sympathy for them.

Sadly it is the fans that will likely suffer with player sales and purchases minimized.

Given that Leicester won the league whilst still in breach of FFP should the title be stripped from them - either because of that or alleged doping

And hand the title to Arsenal?

No thanks.

Ha! Would actually hand the title to Spurs since the revised table would be calculated on the basis of annulling all results involving Leicester. That would mean Arsenal losing 6 points from their total while Spurs would only lose 1 point from theirs.

I don't imagine that that outcome would be any more palatable to you but I don't think you've got anything to worry about!

Shamelessly pillaged from f365 (note the way Droopy answers about those he signed IN the PL rather than BEFORE the PL):

“Why they would pick on QPR, of all the clubs, that have overstepped the rules, I just find that amazing.
“I didn’t sign [those] players. Julio Cesar and others were all there when I arrived at the club.
“The team I got promoted with, people like Bobby Zamora, Joey Barton, [Armand] Traore, Clint Hill, Rob Green in goal, Nedham Onuoha, they were there already.
“They weren’t players that I brought in. They got promoted with a team of players that were already there. It was only one or two signings [that I made]. When we got back to the Premier League, we took loans. We certainly didn’t overspend for a Premier League club. Definitely not.”

It was ‘only one or two signings, guv’.

One or two like Benoit Assou-Ekotto, Charlie Austin, Yossi Benayoun, Tom Carroll, Javier Chevanton, Kevin Doyle, Richard Dunne, Karl Henry, Aaron Hughes, Jermaine Jenas, Will Keane, Niko Kranjcar, Modibo Maiga, Ravel Morrison, Gary O’Neil, Oguchi Onyewu and Matt Phillips.

http://www.football365.com/news/mediawatch-how-everton-can-become-the-new-tottenham

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.