Quadcopters

BlueMoonRisin’

I recently bought an XK detect x380 Quadcopter. It has a 1080hp camera with gimbal, and I bought it mainly for aerial video and I have some decent video footage on it so far. It has a FPV(First Person View) monitor that I can view where it's flying to and has a 1 km range. One of the reasons I bought it was to film the stadium and training campus from above. But, I have to be careful as it could crash and cause injury, even though I'm careful where I fly it and try to comply with CAA guidelines on flying drones.

Anyone else got a quad?

I recently bought an XK detect x380 Quadcopter. It has a 1080hp camera with gimbal, and I bought it mainly for aerial video and I have some decent video footage on it so far. It has a FPV(First Person View) monitor that I can view where it's flying to and has a 1 km range. One of the reasons I bought it was to film the stadium and training campus from above. But, I have to be careful as it could crash and cause injury, even though I'm careful where I fly it and try to comply with CAA guidelines on flying drones.

Anyone else got a quad?

You do know you cannot fly using FPV you must fly line of sight so your 1km range is useless. Also because you have a camera it's considered a small unmanned surveillance aircraft and you can't fly within 150m of anything or one without CAA approval.

166 Smallunmannedaircraft

1. (1) A person must not cause or permit any article or animal (whether or not attached to a parachute) to be dropped from a small unmanned aircraft so as to endanger persons or property.

2. (2) The person in charge of a small unmanned aircraft may only fly the aircraft if reasonably satisfied that the flight can safely be made.

3. (3) The person in charge of a small unmanned aircraft must maintain direct, unaided visual contact with the aircraft sufficient to monitor its flight path in relation to other aircraft, persons, vehicles, vessels and structures for the purpose of avoiding collisions.

4. (4) The person in charge of a small unmanned aircraft which has a mass of more than 7kg excluding its fuel but including any articles or equipment installed in or attached to the aircraft at the commencement of its flight, must not fly the aircraft:
    1. (a) in Class A, C, D or E airspace unless the permission of the appropriate air traffic control unit has been obtained;

2. (b) within an aerodrome traffic zone during the notified hours of watch of the air traffic control unit (if any) at that aerodrome unless the permission of any such air traffic control unit has been obtained; or

3. (c) at a height of more than 400 feet above the surface unless it is flying in airspace described in sub-paragraph (a) or (b) and in accordance with the requirements for that airspace.
  5. (5) The person in charge of a small unmanned aircraft must not fly the aircraft for the purposes of aerial work except in accordance with a permission granted by the CAA.
167 Smallunmannedsurveillanceaircraft

(1) (2)

The person in charge of a small unmanned surveillance aircraft must not fly the aircraft in any of the circumstances described in paragraph (2) except in accordance with a permission issued by the CAA.

The circumstances referred to in paragraph (1) are: (a) over or within 150 metres of any congested area;

page178image23344

January 2015

Page 7

CAP 393

Section 1: Part 22: Aircraft in Flight

1. (b) over or within 150 metres of an organised open-air assembly of more than 1,000 persons;

2. (c) within 50 metres of any vessel, vehicle or structure which is not under the control of the person in charge of the aircraft; or

3. (d) subject to paragraphs (3) and (4), within 50 metres of any person.
  1. (3) Subject to paragraph (4), during take-off or landing, a small unmanned surveillance aircraft must not be flown within 30 metres of any person.

2. (4) Paragraphs (2)(d) and (3) do not apply to the person in charge of the small unmanned surveillance aircraft or a person under the control of the person in charge of the aircraft.

3. (5) In this article ‘a small unmanned surveillance aircraft’ means a small unmanned aircraft which is equipped to undertake any form of surveillance or data acquisition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.