Question about Cup winners

That's a bit of false modesty from Shay. You are part of a squad. He would have been involved. He would have helped prep Joe in his warm ups, made sure Joe was comfortable and his head was in the right place, being a young goalkeeper in a major final. Just because you don't contribute on the pitch on the day doesn't mean you haven't contributed in the build up during the week and on the day itself by having a good attitude.

That is my attitude now, being a coach and manager in the last couple of years has changed my perspective. When I was a player I would have thought similar to Shay. I'm not in, can't help, bit of a sulk.

You're right of course, but any player is going to feel that way if they don't turn out in the final. Even if they are wise enough to appreciate that they've made a contribution off the pitch or in other rounds, it's not the same as being on the pitch, in whatever sporting event for the climax.

I've been wondering a similar thing. John Stones must have been a bit gutted that Vinny comes wandering back in and takes his place in the final! But then I was quite pleased he got a medal for being in the squad.

And seems odd if Laporte gets a medal having played zero minutes, but Raheem does not.

I was also thinking about which of our players this is a first professional winner's medal for... Walker, Stones, Sane and Foden. Is that it?

I've been wondering a similar thing. John Stones must have been a bit gutted that Vinny comes wandering back in and takes his place in the final! But then I was quite pleased he got a medal for being in the squad.

And seems odd if Laporte gets a medal having played zero minutes, but Raheem does not.

I was also thinking about which of our players this is a first professional winner's medal for... Walker, Stones, Sane and Foden. Is that it?
Kdb? Didn't he miss the final in 2016?

Yeah it is a bit odd that laporte get's one for being a sub in the final and having not played any league cup minutes yet Yaya has played most games in the rounds and don't think he gets one.

Think any player who contributed throughout should get a medal

Love to think that Mangala might be in picking up his second League Cup Winners medal this week. Guardiola effusively extolled the virtues of the 'squad' players in getting us through the earlier rounds, so I suppose it is only right that they be acknowledged.

I heard that too watching the game back last night, very weird especially when you see Eric and Ederson with medals afterwards

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.