Question of sport

So watching this tonight with my daughter and I said that this show had been on telly since I was a lad

Without looking it up, have a guess at

What year did Sue Barker start presenting?
What year did Matt Dawson become a captain?
Who was the presenter on the pilot in 1968?

Without checking -

David Vine

As a kid growing up, it was an essential part of my viewing - when I started watching I think the team captains were Emlyn Hughes and Gareth Edwards (??) before Bill Beaumont took over.
Nostalgia prevails as I get older and if I happen to stumble upon an episode these days while flicking through the channels, I will watch it.........and it is dreadful

Without checking -

David Vine

As a kid growing up, it was an essential part of my viewing - when I started watching I think the team captains were Emlyn Hughes and Gareth Edwards (??) before Bill Beaumont took over.
Nostalgia prevails as I get older and if I happen to stumble upon an episode these days while flicking through the channels, I will watch it.........and it is dreadful

A bit out

Barker 1997 - She's been doing the job for 20 years!!

Dawson 2004. He must be trying to beat Bill Beaumont's 14 years

Stuart Hall did the pilot
18 months later the show was launched with Davis Vine, Cliff Morgan and Henry Cooper

Re: Question of sport

I too hadn't watched it for years.... caught one a few months back....... for fucks sake, one team had Paddy McGuinness on it and the other some other non sporting celeb........ have they ran out of the usual suspects to go on it?

Sue Barker..... still would. Though only after Lucy Meacock
Craig Gannon wrote the theme tune.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.