Question Time tonight

Yep.

Also, he keeps talking about community cohesion but the reason we have a multi-cultural city is because we have just got on with our lives and not really talked about the politics.

We don't need to keep being told to
Get on together, by Andy or anyone else. As the poet from the vigil highlighted, it's our interest in music and football and our spirit that prevails.

If theres a bandwagon Burnham will be first on it!

Rudd calling 8 year olds in school
hate criminals (however unpleasant verbal bullying is) even surprised me.

A case of jingoistic nonsense at its best mate. Another note on that is that she seemed to want to comfort this man and believed his anecdotal evidence (Which was probably true) but didn't answer the man with the leaflet or the woman telling the panel about Saudi owned-run mosques.

A case of jingoistic nonsense at its best mate. Another note on that is that she seemed to want to comfort this man and believed his anecdotal evidence (Which was probably true) but didn't answer the man with the leaflet or the woman telling the panel about Saudi owned-run mosques.

Yes. There are strange double standards between expecting the Americans not to leak evidence (which clearly they shouldn't be doing) and Amber's reluctance to investigate whether there are Saudi funded mosques. Here Department is ultimately responsible for the visas radical preachers have gained to enter our Country.

Yes but the Scousers must have seen through him cos Andy didn't fancy his chances of becoming Mayor of Liverpool.

spot on whoever said he would jump on any bandwagon. the speech he did at the hillsborough memorial was beneficial but he seems to want to take all the accolades for after. him and the other fifth beatle steve rotheram want the north west stitched up for themselves.

spot on whoever said he would jump on any bandwagon. the speech he did at the hillsborough memorial was beneficial but he seems to want to take all the accolades for after. him and the other fifth beatle steve rotheram want the north west stitched up for themselves.

I once worked for Andy. I was taken back a bit when he was Shadow Health Spokesperson campaigning against management consultants in the NHS. You couldn't move for Management consultants in the Department of Health when Andy was in charge.

I once worked for Andy. I was taken back a bit when he was Shadow Health Spokesperson campaigning against management consultants in the NHS. You couldn't move for Management consultants in the Department of Health when Andy was in charge.

did him and another MP ( alan johnson?) not ignore about 80 requests for a public inquiry into mid staffordshire NHS in the 2 years they were warned of poor care. nearly 1200 people died due to unnecessary levels of poor care and they tried to cover it up if i remember.

There is the tendency to get defensive about their faith, but that's also a common tactic of the religious apologist, the try to deflect any criticism to any other issue. There's also a tendency from some religious apologists to have quite different rhetoric when speaking in front of a general audience, and when speaking exclusively to members of their own community, and you see them getting uncomfortable when the rhetoric from the latter situation is revealed in the former, as happened with that leaflet. It might turn out to be bullshit, but it wouldn't be the first time that some literature circulating within a Muslim organisation was in dramatic contrast with the public relations image they try to present.

You see it all the time on TV debates. Religious fundamentalists hiding behind the language of the liberal side of politics when defending Islam from criticism. And yet when you actually try to get them to condemn blatantly illiberal actions carried out in the name of Islam, it's like pulling teeth. The best example is The Big Questions regular Raza Nadim, who has struggled to condemn stoning for adultery, and yet is always on TV playing the liberal tune whenever Islam is criticised.
Well as seen from the attackers father's comments - we are dealing with very deceitful people who are taking advantage of people's goodwill in the liberal rhetoric.

Last edited:
did him and another MP ( alan johnson?) not ignore about 80 requests for a public inquiry into mid staffordshire NHS in the 2 years they were warned of poor care. nearly 1200 people died due to unnecessary levels of poor care and they tried to cover it up if i remember.

I think it was mainly being covered up at lower down between the Trust, the Regional Health Authority and Department of Health officials. It was the lack of sympathy that Andy B showed to the families of the victims of Mid Staffs is the reason that I dislike him. Mid Staffs wasn't his fault but why using he extend the same compassion he reserved for the Hillsborough victims.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.