Question Time.

Two Gun Bob

We visited a discotheque tonight and danced to a donna summer tribute act.
My time limitation on the floor has been reduced by the ravages of time to two wobbles an hour.
Our new chums ask lots of questions maybe to keep conversation alive when I pause for breath.

There are lots of articulate and clever individuals on our Moons surface so maybe it is high time for a questions and answer thread that even googles Jeeves cant answer.

Doogie wanted to know if he was on an airplane travelling at 550 mph and was stood in the aisle and jumped up in the air why then does he not fly out the back of the tail at 550 mph if he is not in contact with mooving surface of the airplane. After all, do we not fly forward in a car if it brakes ?

I felt this was a very interesting subject matter and one that obviously involved the mechanism of physics but one at the current point of inception I could not answer owing to lack of knowledge and imbibement.

All that we do involves verifying degrees of physics and attributable laws but I heartily confess that Doogie had me stumped. If the question related to Newton or Boyles law of partial pressures then I could have been of assistance owing to my previous profession but this was an incredible question to ask of me.

While we were dancing to MacArthur's park it was suggested that I place the question on here for further discussion and evaluation.

Can anyone respectively answer the above conundrum because i cant find the answer on line ?

And if you have question of your own then feel free to ask away on here for answers because we have lots of trades and folk from all walks of life that inhabit our special home.

If you dont know the answer to something then remember this little clever deity then eh.
He that asks a question is a fool for five minutes.
He that does not ask is a fool forever.

So who on here can answer the first question that Douglas has posed ..

Last edited:
Because you're traveling at the same rate as the plane....it's the same concept as why we don't feel the earth that we stand on spinning at 1000mph...what do I win?

The person who jumps is still moving at 550 mph, so wouldn't shoot out of the back of the plane.

No we debated this and I was not sure of the concept as if douglas jumped up in the planes ailes he would imediatly deselarate enough to dissapear out of the ailse becase of the high intensity speed of the craft at 550 mph.and the inevitable deseleration of douglas .?
Movment and deleration over a second or to would hace suffices to lose douglas and yet the mechanics of aviontion travel dipute this connundrum.
When we weres coming home in the lift back to our room we both kept jumping a few times and yet we remained with the motions of the shaft.
This is the same concept we disussed.

Or how about
a lorry has 1000 budgies in the back and weighs a total of 10 ton (the lorry and budgies)

If all the budgies hover in the air inside the lorry will it still weigh 10 tons?

Taximania. Please don't take offence... but honestly, I can never be arsed reading you're posts. I have no idea what kind of poster you are for that reason. You are an enigma.

All I know Drone is I couldn't explaine or come up with his answer
I have no idea why he even posed the question in the first place
Gelsons dad will know as hes a pilot

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.