Queues

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by moggymoz, 5 Feb 2017.

1. Fred_Quimby

Fred_Quimby

Have to agree. My point was getting weapons etc into the ground. You are quite correct and needs to be sorted but not sure how except for lots of armed police etc.

2. didsburyblu

didsburyblu

Got In in 30 seconds at 6.50
    Steward waves wand
    Wand bleeps
    Steward says 'assume that's your phone & keys'
    Me: yep
    Steward in you go sir!

Makes me feel so safe these guys have got our backs!!

3. Henkeman

Henkeman

They don't check. They don't. Trust me on this, whatever you feel about City, Bangkok and Manila are not templates. It's a waste of time

4. Manchester33

Manchester33

To be fair, any weapon you could fit inside your pocket isn't capable of causing the type of harm that we're being protected from. It's people with big rucksacks or big padded coats that need the more intense searches.

5. kippax4ever

kippax4ever

Exactly,

6. jayfx

jayfx

What you on about? Who don't check? Whether security give the bags a thorough search or not isn't the issue. The issue is 'queues' and x-ray machines would allow people to pass much faster than security manually waving a wand around each and every fan. I'm not interested in how concerned about my safety a Filipino security guard in Manila on 6 quid a day is. my point is; even malls in developing countries have airport style x-ray machines, so why are City pissing around with wands when there's 50 odd thousand people all trying to get into the stadium at the same time?

7. Henkeman

Henkeman

Look, I know those malls in Thailand and the Philippines. I've been there. If you think it's airport style security, you are wrong. People walk through, are not stopped (everyone sets them off) and are not searched. You walk through and don't stop or slow down. I'm not making a comment on City, I'm telling you those malls are not something to aspire to. They offer zero security. Zero.

8. ROJM13

ROJM13

100% correct

9. SteWadda

SteWadda

But we would have the people we have with the wands now stopping people who have set them off. If you don't set it off you walk through if you do move to the side for a pat down.

10. UUJblue

UUJblue

flew into M2 at 7.40 on tues. P and the rest were mad. Couldnt believe it.