Queues

If the club are going to persist with these searchers , why not put search points at the entrances to the Campus. There's a fence that run's around the site, and there must be 5 or 6 gates in the site fence. So why not have it as a controlled site/campus and search them there, instead of the turnstiles ? Lot's of people mill around the outside of the stadium before the match , ie City Square ,the shop and main entrance. So lots of people would pass through security earlier and it would take the pressure off the turnstiles .

I've been saying this for ages. Increased security is a sad fact of the world we live in these days, and as a matter of principle I'm glad it happens. But say you were a nutjob terrorist, currently there's nothing stopping you doing all kinds of mad things in the area just outside the ground where City Sq, shop, car park etc is. They should search people on entry to the campus, this would stop the bottle necks at the turnstiles and make everyone safer.

We've had the IRA & Palestinian terrorists in the 1970`s and 1980's yet no one bothered to search anyone at the turnstiles then.

So they search someone who's got a suicide vest on on is carrying a gun or grenades. What they going to do - say "Sorry you can't come in with that" and issue a 3-match ban?

They'll strike long before they get searched. The only thing they'll find is body parts.

At United Sir Matt Busby Way and the forecourt is packed with 1000's of fans before United games. Every football stadium including Wembley is a perfect situation for a terrorist strike outside the stadium. The authorities know this. Unless they get credible information there is no way of stopping a strike, be it by one person or a group of people.

We`ll still get the moaners who are slow at getting out of the Chippy or Mary D`s. ;)
Thing is Oakle I was going for a beer or two in the Townley but after seeing the barriers (which give the impression they expect queue to build) I've had to get a pint of piss inside. The club has won :(

Got there for about 3pm and walked straight in. Don't usually get there that early but thought we kicked off at 4!

Absolutely fine today at 'P'. Got there twenty minutes before k.o. To find a short quick-moving queue.
Pleased, as antics this season have made me question renewing. Cracking game too, only cheated by corrupt officials - but that's another thread.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.