Quickest player in Premier League

navas looks like he is faster than Usain Bolt but he is not really that extremely fast in some strange way. I've seen guys leaving opposition players in shadow in much less space then he does, it's just that he moves his legs stupidly fast. It's odd and you probably think I'm mad, I know :D

This is one of those classic ones where people use stats really badly. People look at the fastest speed any player reached and say they were the quickest, when in reality that's probably not a particularly good indicator of how fast someone really is in the context of a game of football. All the top speeds will have been reached when a player had been fully sprinting, without the ball, for about 30 meters, maybe more, not a very common occurrence in a game of football. In reality football is far more about how quick you are over 5-10 yards, which has nothing to do with top speed and everything to do with acceleration. Phil Jagielka might get a higher top speed at some point that Leroy Sane, but Sane is leaving him for dead all day on a football pitch.

The classic example being it was commonly repeated that Thiago Ilori beat Cristiano Ronaldo's 100m record at Sporting, so he was quicker than Ronaldo. But anyone who's ever watched the two play will tell you Ronaldo is far quicker. There was some similar thing about Javier Hernandez being the quickest player at the world cup, but in reality on a football pitch his speed is nothing to write home about.

Give the real merchants space and they will kick the ball 3 yards in front of them and cover 25 yards in about two and half seconds which is as fast as Usain Bolt. At that speed they have problems slowing down and getting injured hitting opponents who can't get out of the way, and their hamstrings play up as well. Speed is not as useful as all that, although full backs would disagree. That is one thing that alarms full backs, sheer pace. Pace is useful for full backs to catch up with the long distance sprinters. The fastest I've seen is Walcott but he rarely has the space or opportunity to put on the after-burners. Defenders make sure he hasn't got space to run into.

navas looks like he is faster than Usain Bolt but he is not really that extremely fast in some strange way. I've seen guys leaving opposition players in shadow in much less space then he does, it's just that he moves his legs stupidly fast. It's odd and you probably think I'm mad, I know :D
Some players are slowed down with the ball at their feet, Navas is slowed down a lot by it. Without the ball you'll find probably a handful of players that are faster than him in world football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.