Quitting social media

I shut my Facebook down last year, completely deactivated. After 21 days of it being deactivated your account is permanently deleted (as long as you don't log on within those 21 days), but after 6 months of being off it I had friends and family asking me to come back, so I did a new account and about 95% of the cunts who wanted me back don't even bother contacting me on the bastard!
I'm not sure if they just wanted an extra friend on their friends list, or if they just genuinely like the shit status' I post on it calling everyone a ****!

The idea is good, but more employers are starting to Facebook and Twitter search potential new employees, so it seems as though you feel limited to express yourself on social media in fear of upsetting someone you don't want to!
Also if you have mates like mine who tag you in shit photos that say "Tag a mate who loves (enter shit punchline here)" last thing you want your potential new boss seeing is a photo you're tagged in of a big fat bird shitting on a skinny geeky looking fellow!

I shut my Facebook down last year, completely deactivated. After 21 days of it being deactivated your account is permanently deleted (as long as you don't log on within those 21 days), but after 6 months of being off it I had friends and family asking me to come back, so I did a new account and about 95% of the cunts who wanted me back don't even bother contacting me on the bastard!
I'm not sure if they just wanted an extra friend on their friends list, or if they just genuinely like the shit status' I post on it calling everyone a ****!

The idea is good, but more employers are starting to Facebook and Twitter search potential new employees, so it seems as though you feel limited to express yourself on social media in fear of upsetting someone you don't want to!
Also if you have mates like mine who tag you in shit photos that say "Tag a mate who loves (enter shit punchline here)" last thing you want your potential new boss seeing is a photo you're tagged in of a big fat bird shitting on a skinny geeky looking fellow!
Exactly.

Seems more people are waking up to this Egocentric tool which FakeBook has manifested into and realise its a snoopers paradise.

Actually allowing, free of charge, big corporations to spy on you and make money from you.... Wasting all that time there and you don't even get paid for it. Crazy.

I still have an account due to work requirements but I'm %100 mindful about who can see my shit, and only disclose what I'm happy for others to see (which is why I call the site FakeBook) as %99 of the crap people post is bollocks or a waste of time.

Facebook is great imo. I've found guys I worked with 30 years ago and more. They are all now all around the World and it's great to catch up share memories, and their current lives.

I suppose if your a young buck it can be a hindrance, maybe Facebook for them is used for a different purpose.

The best thing it did for me, was it has enabled me to find my concert going dearest friend from 1978.

Since we got back together we've met up for lunches, beer. He's met my kids and I've met his. Guess what? We are back going to gigs, it's fantastic. Weekends away to watch our favourite bands, like Black Sabbath at the Arena in Manchester on Sunday night.

Facebook made me hate people that before didn't bother me. So many braggers and Bull shitters using the thing made me delete it a few months back. Got a watts app group with my good friends in and bluemoon, that's all I need.

Seems Facebook is taking the blame for people having dickhead Freinds. Strange

No ones Facebook friends quantity reflects the quantity of friends in reality. It's all one big fallacy. Some of my best friends don't have accounts or don't even post, all I was seeing was the braggarts, the coded messages from people having digs and me or others, and needy people who post irrelevant bs just to get attention. This is basically why I think it's good to delete it..

Still using Facebook?

Have a watch

I'm glad I removed this pile of shit.
Feel I do much more in my life now, and see much less cat pics :)

What a waste of time it is.
And to think the webshite controls what you see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.