race the real issue in the US election.

[quote="LEE BRADBURY?[/quote]
black police federation,we have no white police federation

blatantly racist[/quote]

No white police federation? What about the Metropolitan Police Federation? That's practically one.

LEE BRADBURY said:
LEE BRADBURY said:
brooklandsblue said:
Same as the MOBOS and black police federation, it CREATES division not the opposite....
it is also racist
black police federation,we have no white police federation

blatantly racist

Ok, I'm going to have to pick up on this point. I don't have much fondness the police as I don't have much appeal for the way they run as an internal body. However, I will say that when a race of ANY denomination finds its progress blocked and there is NO SUPPORT NETWORK designed for the lesser percentage denomination, they are going to have to provide that themselves. If every colleague was treated fairly and promoted duly for whatever work they've done and not bullied or held down for their differences, not always of their own making, there would be NO NEED for seperate federations/ unions of any kind.

You have to walk in the accused shoes before basing a judgement on why federations are formed. Destruction of the 'old boys' network starts from the top. And, if not, then officers should finally unite and do the right thing by their 'brothers/ sisters in uniform'.

But, it doesn't happen that way. Idealogies are all that's left, when reality takes hold.

Ok, I'm going to have to pick up on this point. I don't have much fondness the police as I don't have much appeal for the way they run as an internal body. However, I will say that when a race of ANY denomination finds its progress blocked and there is NO SUPPORT NETWORK designed for the lesser percentage denomination, they are going to have to provide that themselves. If every colleague was treated fairly and promoted duly for whatever work they've done and not bullied or held down for their differences, not always of their own making, there would be NO NEED for seperate federations/ unions of any kind.

You have to walk in the accused shoes before basing a judgement on why federations are formed. Destruction of the 'old boys' network starts from the top. And, if not, then officers should finally unite and do the right thing by their 'brothers/ sisters in uniform'.

But, it doesn't happen that way. Idealogies are all that's left, when reality takes hold.

Exactly, it's not about 'division', it's about supporting each other in the face of an organisation which traditionally (though it's changing) hasn't given a flying one. Which is why there are federations for black, Muslim, Jewish, gay, Irish and female police officers.

LEE BRADBURY said:
Matty………………………why because i refuse to bite on your silly country and western comparison?
Country and Western music is based in white history, it's written by white people, performed by white people and listened to by white people. The MOBOs might actually be CALLED Music Of Black Origin, but Country and Western is Music Of White Origin without the official name. There's no difference. Has there ever been a black nominee for a country and western award? Doubtful. Amy Winehouse actually won a MOBO in 2007.

matty..............It was obvious what the poster was referring to which is organisations that are set up for ethnic minorities, which are blatantly racist.

There are many of these organisations that exist in our supposedly diverse multicultural country, the irony is as the poster rightly points out they breed resentment which in turn breeds racism.

In this day and age in the united kingdom any organisation that uses skin colour or ethnicity to promote itself should be banned, no problems with calling the MOBOS the music of afro Caribbean orientation awards or similar, the BLACK inclusion was specifically incorporated in to the name so as not to include whites, the same with the BLACK police federation which has dangerously become a law in to itself, it would not look out of place in South Africa during apartheid.

It is time all organisations aimed at any specific minority or skin colour were banned, there are no benefits to anybody, we are all British there should be no exclusive clubs or organisations.

Hopefully these elections in the USA will change attitudes across the world,

Matty said:
LEE BRADBURY said:
Matty………………………why because i refuse to bite on your silly country and western comparison?
Country and Western music is based in white history, it's written by white people, performed by white people and listened to by white people. The MOBOs might actually be CALLED Music Of Black Origin, but Country and Western is Music Of White Origin without the official name. There's no difference. Has there ever been a black nominee for a country and western award? Doubtful. Amy Winehouse actually won a MOBO in 2007.
it is not called white music though is it ?

Bingobango………………that is a ridiculous statement, your saying the metropolitan police is a white organisation.

The police have been the leaders in race relations for years now since the Macpherson report findings

ElanJo said:
So many people think "Negro" is racist. People use every other word under the sun before they use the proper term. One that gets me is "coloured". Wtf? everyone is "coloured"...

But is 'negro' the correct term? The word 'negro' literally means black, but historically it was only used to refer to people from sub-saharan Africa. What about black people from other countries? It's incorrect to refer to them as 'negros'. Also, it was used during times of slavery and racial segregation in the US and has fallen out of usage due to its associations with this time-period.

Other words referring to race come and go. Hardly anyone in the UK says 'coloured' anymore for precisely the reasons you stated. In the US, however, it is considered more acceptable.

Language is changing all the time for various reasons, not just because of 'political correctness'.

LEE BRADBURY said:
Matty said:
LEE BRADBURY said:
it is not called white music though is it ?
Which some might say was an attempt to HIDE it's racist nature. Country music is far more excluding of black artists than music genres that originated from black roots, such as rap or blues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.