Racial abuse on train?

Some on here appear to have made up their mind based on a newspaper article and have found these lads guilty with out any evidence to support their argument. If it happened then they deserve everything coming to them

Yes I'd suggest getting evidence/images of the culprits for the police is doing something
I refer you to one of my previous posts:

In terms of people saying this is bullshit because no-one filmed it, isn't that attitude just indicative of the 'I was there' Youtube generation? I suppose if those very same people were in a bank when a gang of armed robbers burst in, instead of laying flat and complying with the gangs demands, they'd whip out their I-Phone's and start recording as the drama unfolds for posterity.....

Anyone who'd pull out a recording device in such situations is obviously someone who's never been in a life threatening situation before and thinks that what they've seen in a Hollywood have-a-go hero vigilante film is really true to life. In Hollywood, dead or alive you live to star in another film, in real life you only get one shot at it.

In terms of people saying this is bullshit because no-one filmed it, isn't that attitude just indicative of the 'I was there' Youtube generation? I suppose if those very same people were in a bank when a gang of armed robbers burst in, instead of laying flat and complying with the gangs demands, they'd whip out their I-Phone's and start recording as the drama unfolds for posterity.....

Anyone who'd pull out a recording device in such situations is obviously someone who's never been in a life threatening situation before and thinks that what they've seen in a Hollywood have-a-go hero vigilante film is really true to life. In Hollywood, dead or alive you live to star in another film, in real life you only get one shot at it.

You seem to be saying it's true because it's in the newspaper

You're comparing an armed robbery of a bank, to a couple of pissed up blokes racially abusing a 14 FOURTEEN year old boy?

I'm certain we're never going to agree on this one so i'll just leave it here.

You seem to be saying it's true because it's in the newspaper
No I'm not, but you seem to be suggesting that just because there isn't a Youtube video doing the rounds of the incident that it can't possibly be true. I'm not saying its true one way or the other, but I would question why a seemingly normal family of four would seek to make up such a public lie.

That said, the rest of what I've said are hypotheticals based on what I'd probably do if I was there whilst also questioning who would seriously pull out a recording device if faced with a very threatening situation whereby you could still get stamped out and the recording device taken anyway. What sense does that make?

No I'm not, but you seem to be suggesting that just because there isn't a Youtube video doing the rounds of the incident that it can't possibly be true. I'm not saying its true one way or the other, but I would question why a seemingly normal family of four would seek to make up such a public lie.

That said, the rest of what I've said are hypotheticals based on what I'd probably do if I was there whilst also questioning who would seriously pull out a recording device if faced with a very threatening situation whereby you could still get stamped out and the recording device taken anyway. What sense does that make?

Absolutely not you cannot judge anything without hard facts I'm not saying it did or did not happen

You're comparing an armed robbery of a bank, to a couple of pissed up blokes racially abusing a 14 FOURTEEN year old boy?

I'm certain we're never going to agree on this one so i'll just leave it here.
Where did anyone report it was a couple of pissed up blokes? I'm sure if it was, someone out of the possible 70+ passengers would have said or done something, but the very fact no-one intervened leads me to believe there were more than 2 pissed up blokes.

Comparing an armed robbery and a gang of aggressive pissed up football fans is one and the same to me and in neither situation would my first thought be 'I know what, I'll record me possibly inflaming the situation and getting my head stamped out or a sawn off shoved in face so I can collect evidence for the authorities'. If the alleged perpetrators were really serious, who the hell would put themselves and those around them in harms way by whipping out their phone to record the incident?

Would you?

Absolutely not you cannot judge anything without hard facts I'm not saying it did or did not happen
Neither am I. All I'm doing is saying based on what was reported, there is a possibility something did take place which is up to the authorities to collect any evidence or statements and to do what is necessary based on what they find.

What I don't get is people saying, well if it isn't on Youtube, no way did it happen.

Where did anyone report it was a couple of pissed up blokes? I'm sure if it was, someone out of the possible 70+ passengers would have said or done something, but the very fact no-one intervened leads me to believe there were more than 2 pissed up blokes.

Comparing an armed robbery and a gang of aggressive pissed up football fans is one and the same to me and in neither situation would my first thought be 'I know what, I'll record me possibly inflaming the situation and getting my head stamped out or a sawn off shoved in face so I can collect evidence for the authorities'. If the alleged perpetrators were really serious, who the hell would put themselves and those around them in harms way by whipping out their phone to record the incident?

Would you?

If I was in a bank with a sawn off shotgun in my face, I would'nt do anything the bank can afford to lose a few quid and the two scenarios are nothing alike.

If I was on a train and some blokes were banging on a door to get to a 14 year old kid (which is what has been alleged) then I would step in, not because I'm some sort of hardman or hero. quite the opposite i'm a total shithouse, but because I couldn't just sit there watching some poor kid who cant defend himself getting abused. If you saw an old lady getting her handbag snatched walking down the road would you just walk on by and pretend you didn't see anything?

Like I say, we wont agree on this. I've been brought up differently, I couldn't just walk on by and pretend nothing has happened. But then again, I've not got kids or anything so taking a bit of a kicking to try to protect a child, I've only got myself to think about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.