Racist chanting by Millwall ... or is it ??

I don't think you do quite understand the point, which was would oakie or someone else take such a relaxed view if there was a general hatred against people with disabilities and they were subject to such acts. It's very easy to claim "it's PC nonsense" when you're not usually subject to overt and often criminal discrimination.
I see your point Colin but Racism and Disabilities are two separate things.
My disability is invisible to most (nocturnal epilepsy)
So I'm lucky in that I don't experience discrimination in relation to this.
Same with Antisemitism, I've worked alongside Jewish lads and not had a clue about their religious belief because they haven't worn the stereotypical clothes/hairstyle/cap.
Yet a white English guy walking around Compton, LA is going to stand out like a sore thumb due to his skin tone and accent, which he'd struggle hiding.
Probably less likely to be racially abused though, more so kidnapped... Apologies for stereotyping African Americans in Compton

crazy world now everyone has to apologise for something they said or may of said that may or may not offend someone somewhere.
Best thing is to keep your gob shut and say nothing, like at home with the wife.

First thing I thought when I heard this is that it's fucking terrible. Not from a "it's so offensive" way, from a "what a shit attempt to offend someone" kind of way. It's fucking embarrassing.

The worst part is that it's so forced and un-organic. There is no way that's an on the spot chant, because it isn't clear enough, you have to try and explain why what you're chanting is offensive and who it's aimed at. They've had to plan in advance, yet that is the best they could come up with. They've clearly met up online or in a pub and brainstormed what they could shout that would be clearly about his race, but not so offensive that they can possibly be able to make excuses for it not being racist. It's up there on a level of pathetic as the image of middle age Chelsea fans making Mourinho collages to take to the game, it's baffling.

These days it feels like amongst the most easily offended are always those that get offended that other people find something offensive.

Milwall are twats.

I worked in London for a while in the 80s, i was called every Northern stereotype name every day from the southern jessies, some meant it some were joking and having a laugh, i just laughed it off and never took offence once, i even went to a fancy dress works do once dressed as Ena Sharples complete with hair net and blow up dog with whippet drawn on it, they loved it
This country has lost it's humour and backbone, the younger generation and some of the older have the backbone of jellyfish.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.