Racist chanting by Millwall ... or is it ??

An English couple, an American couple and Canadian couple were in Cancun on their honeymoon

At breakfast on the first morning, the American man said to his wife "pass me the sugar, Sugar"

The Canadian man said to his wife "pass me the honey, Honey"

The Englishman said to his wife "pass me the milk you cow"
Hahah.You racist bigoted twat. ;)

All about context I suppose.

We used to sing about Sun Jihai's parents owning a chippy.

The rags sang about Koreans eating dogs.

Both in praise of their players.

It's very hard to consider stereotypes racist without context.

I have Caribbean friends who constantly joke about their time keeping, island time is a very well used and pleasant stereotype. Even used in advertising.
I'm sure there's a few Caribbeans who are meticulous with their time keeping who take offence.

In this instance, I'm sure asking Son and taking into account any aggression in the chant would give us the answer.

They sound more in jest about a lazy stereotype, I'm sure if they wanted to be offensive they'd have thought if something worse.

Unfortunately you appear to be one of those PC people,irrespective of your creed,colour or background.It is banter in most peoples eyes ... as others have suggested we are fast becoming a state of mamby pambys,who become upset at the mere mention of someone elses colour.
Grow a spine and enjoy the banter ... do names really hurt you ?

I wonder if you are one of the many on here who take the piss out of me due to my age and disability ? Do I get upset and worked up about trivialities about it ? Do I fuck ... its banter,nothing more,nothing less,but no doubt you have made your mind up that I`m a racist.
But where do you draw the line?

Yes, posters on here take the piss out of you, me and others for various reasons and we accept that as banter between friends. But sometimes it goes too far and is genuinely offensive. What if people routinely shouted things like "Fuck off you spastic" at you, daubed offensive graffiti on your house or threw eggs at you simply because you walked with a stick? Would that still be banter you'd enjoy? That's the sort of thing that regularly happens to Jewish people and others who stand out in some way, including people with disabilities. It's very easy to say "it's banter" when it's not something you ever encounter in real-life, in a hostile situation.

the so called great commentator say live on air

Alan Green has been a BBC Radio sports commentator since 1981, mainly on football but also ... Green had previously described Manchester City's Chinese defender Sun Jihai as wearing shirt "Number 17 – that'll be the Chicken Chow Mein, ...

if the boot fits and all that

Yes, posters on here take the piss out of you, me and others for various reasons and we accept that as banter between friends. But sometimes it goes too far and is genuinely offensive. What if people routinely shouted things like "Fuck off you spastic" at you, daubed offensive graffiti on your house or threw eggs at you simply because you walked with a stick? Would that still be banter you'd enjoy? That's the sort of thing that regularly happens to Jewish people and others who stand out in some way, including people with disabilities. It's very easy to say "it's banter" when it's not something you ever encounter in real-life, in a hostile situation.
I agree Colin that there are some offensive lines to be drawn but I suppose at the end of the day its how you as an individual reacts to a situation.Long gone are the days of the "n" word to describe black people,the Yid word which Spurs still use,he Paki word to describe people from Pakistan and countless other derogatory words of description.
Before I finished work I attended a wonderful seminar on Equal Opportunities,which was run by a Jamaican guy and an Indian bloke.They were superb,taking the piss out of one another,to show the difference between "banter" and racism.I`ll never forget the Jamaican guy saying how ridiculous people like Bernie Grant had swayed the public into believing that everyday words should be removed from the English language,as they were causing "outrage" to black people.
The words were blackboard,blackmail,blackbird ... the list was endless.
What one person gets upset by,another wont even give it a thought,or perhaps I`m just too laid back to get upset.
That doesn`t mean I`m advocating a return to the 1960/70`s when virtually anything went.I can`t put myself in your position as I`ve never been there and likewise in other peoples colour,creed and sexual orientation.I`m just a crippled old fart mate.
I blame Jim Davidson.

Surely you can distinguish between football banter and criminal acts?

I agree Colin that there are some offensive lines to be drawn but I suppose at the end of the day its how you as an individual reacts to a situation.Long gone are the days of the "n" word to describe black people,the Yid word which Spurs still use,he Paki word to describe people from Pakistan and countless other derogatory words of description.
Before I finished work I attended a wonderful seminar on Equal Opportunities,which was run by a Jamaican guy and an Indian bloke.They were superb,taking the piss out of one another,to show the difference between "banter" and racism.I`ll never forget the Jamaican guy saying how ridiculous people like Bernie Grant had swayed the public into believing that everyday words should be removed from the English language,as they were causing "outrage" to black people.
The words were blackboard,blackmail,blackbird ... the list was endless.
What one person gets upset by,another wont even give it a thought,or perhaps I`m just too laid back to get upset.
That doesn`t mean I`m advocating a return to the 1960/70`s when virtually anything went.I can`t put myself in your position as I`ve never been there and likewise in other peoples colour,creed and sexual orientation.I`m just a crippled old fart mate.
I blame Jim Davidson.
That Jamaican sounds like a bit of a racist.

So are anti-semitic chants aimed at Spurs fans "football banter" or "criminal acts"? Being in a football stadium does not give you immunity from the law.

I believe the police will arrest you for that inside a stadium but you was originally referring to throwing eggs, daubing graffiti and using foul and abusive language.
I do understand your point, where do we draw the line?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.