Rafael Benitez

Lets be honest... With the spending levels and overall talent accumulation at Real Madrid, it isn't like it is the toughest job on the planet. The hard part is keeping the job more than a year or two when inevitably you don't win the league title or UCL cup. Not saying they haven't had great managers. Just that I don't think many half way decent managers wouldn't be able to finish 2nd in the league and in the top 4 in Champions.

He's not selling his house on the Wirral and moving his family back to Spain.

If he stays two seasons I will be astounded. Anyone know what length of contract he has been given?

He's not selling his house on the Wirral and moving his family back to Spain.

If he stays two seasons I will be astounded. Anyone know what length of contract he has been given?

He's only holding out for property prices getting back to pre-2008 levels ha ha

Has he been living in a tent in Naples then?

Is that the main reason the dippers want him back? He has a house locally? Fucking love to see that job ad...

" Vacancy to manage premier league football team. The post has recently become available after previous incumbent mentored himself out of the job.

Successful candidate will be required to finish the top half of the table and have the odd cup run.

The ideal candidate will be a rambling fact based paranoid delusional preferably based within a short commute to training ground - previous experience of working here is not an impediment"

Benitez took Napoli from 2nd to 5th and got the Real Madrid job.

Real Madrid are a strange club, they make the most random decisions.

Lets be honest... With the spending levels and overall talent accumulation at Real Madrid, it isn't like it is the toughest job on the planet. The hard part is keeping the job more than a year or two when inevitably you don't win the league title or UCL cup. Not saying they haven't had great managers. Just that I don't think many half way decent managers wouldn't be able to finish 2nd in the league and in the top 4 in Champions.

I think the challenge is to be able to manage those egos, and you're always under fire from either the fans and club leadership. It's probably the most stressful football management job.

I do think Real should be doing better with the quality of player that they have. Maybe they need to focus on getting good players that fit the team instead of some random galactico-like signings. They need a proper Modric backup for starters.

Get rid of Ancelotti and get Benitez in ?
Fcuk me they're a strange club

Get rid of Ancelotti and get Benitez in ?
Fcuk me they're a strange club
It would be if Benitez had no history with Real. Thing is he's a Madrid old boy, managed through their youth set-up to their B Team. He's been in the frame any number of times for the boss's job there, bit like Vincente del Bosque in that respect.

Rafa will do great there. He has never been given a club to manage of Real Madrid's power, statue and finances/squad before. I'm interested to see what he does in his first "big" job.

I think he might surprise a few people. He's back home now as originally he was a product of "the factory" he's spanish which will buy him sometime.

Think he should get rid of Ronaldo from the dressing room though, he's allegedly poison and seems to hold a grudge against the loveable Rafa. They need players playing for him and buying into his philosophy. Need characters around a dressing room who will back the manage and be a positive influence, not resistence to give someone a chance. Rafa doesn't need to be undermined, he needs everyone on the same page to follow what he says - even if it's true he wants to make Bale the main man around Real Madrid (to build the Rafulation around) a professional player would accept it, but something tells me Ronaldo won't..

BTW I love how Real Madrid are off-the-cuff and don't make sense, it is entertaining.. if everything was logical, predictable and made sense what a boring World ! they don't give a feck to care what people say, fair play I admire/respect that they do what they want.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.