Raheem Sterling - 2016/17 performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Goater=Legend, 13 Aug 2016.

1. Goater=Legend

Goater=Legend

Thought he played really well today, looked to have that confidence back, Pep must of had a good word with him over the summer.

Going to be great him and Sane on either wing.

Lasted edited by : 14 Aug 2016
  2. Gundogan's Moustache

Gundogan's Moustache

Looked a different player , driving at the defense with intent. Put some cracking crosses accross the 6 yard box as well

3. Zin 'messiah' Zimmer

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer

Off to see the wizard....
    But he's shit mate, ask the media!!

4. chestervegasblue

chestervegasblue

I thought he did exceptionally well in the context of his performances during his City career. But, there is still much room for improvement. Sterling succeeded with less passes (79%) than anyone else in blue today with the exception of Nolito (78%). That's important with possession football.

Encouraging signs with his positioning and his movement with the ball at his feet, but his end product is the area of his game that needs the most work.

5. ManCityX

ManCityX

This is the problem with some people, always edging towards a negative even after doing well.

He was comfortably better than Aguero, De Bruyne, Nolito and Navas.

Go and do a stat breakdown on them.

6. BlueMoonz1977

BlueMoonz1977

Clinical Recovery Coordinator
    Chilling with a beer watching the Blue Moon rise
    Did he get MOTM....I missed the announcement but my son said he heard sterling getting it ?

7. Metalartin

Metalartin

True plus your wide players in the final third have the most difficult passes to make, naturally their percentage will always be lower because they make the passes nobody else has to as much(bar your full backs I suppose).

8. Gunnerblue9320

Gunnerblue9320

played well - He needed a big game today to silence the haters. Confidence will grown hopefully after today.

Keep it up lad

9. jay_mcfc

jay_mcfc

Good to see him 1- play on the right and 2- being given a licence to run at people instead of run, stop, pull back. It didn't always come off but he looked ten times better in this role and should get better and better. Pep's definitely given him a bit of confidence already, great to see.

10. ianw16

ianw16

cnut
    Yep, from BT Sport. I assume that was the stadium announcement?????? Not sure, didn't have any volume in my pub. They'll have it tomorrow for the rags.