Raheem Sterling - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, from BT Sport. I assume that was the stadium announcement?????? Not sure, didn't have any volume in my pub. They'll have it tomorrow for the rags.

Great to hear, can start ramming the words of the bile press that have slated him since he left the dippers. I heard Mcmanamananamam say that sterling got 'some' bad press last year..... I nearly spat my beer out, bad press!! More like fucking hatchet job

This is the problem with some people, always edging towards a negative even after doing well.

He was comfortably better than Aguero, De Bruyne, Nolito and Navas.

Go and do a stat breakdown on them.

Disagree with Navas, thought he had a really good impact when he came on; but the fact that Sterling was our only starting attacking player who didn't underperform (and that we are all rooting for him in the wake of the horrendous treatment he received this summer) I think enhances how well he actually played.

I'm excited to see the lad continue to improve, my opinion is he did well for him today.

I think signing Stones will be good for Raheem. They can support each other against the inevitable press over reactions when they make the odd mistake. Well done Raheem - I am very happy for you today.

Disagree with Navas, thought he had a really good impact when he came on; but the fact that Sterling was our only starting attacking player who didn't underperform (and that we are all rooting for him in the wake of the horrendous treatment he received this summer) I think enhances how well he actually played.

I'm excited to see the lad continue to improve, my opinion is he did well for him today.

Eugh.

he can become a main player for us, and one that Pep can unlock to become a potential star. All he needs is the right coaching, and he has that now at his finger tips

Had one quiet period in the middle of the game but I thought it was the best I've seen him play in City shirt.

Even after this game Daily Fail couldn't resist to write a line about him having problems starting when Sane comes. He plays like this, he starts easily each game.

I thought he did exceptionally well in the context of his performances during his City career. But, there is still much room for improvement. Sterling succeeded with less passes (79%) than anyone else in blue today with the exception of Nolito (78%). That's important with possession football.

Encouraging signs with his positioning and his movement with the ball at his feet, but his end product is the area of his game that needs the most work.

Do you think it's a coincidence that the two wingers had the lowest pass completions?

The two who were trying to find the final ball most often.

I think signing Stones will be good for Raheem. They can support each other against the inevitable press over reactions when they make the odd mistake. Well done Raheem - I am very happy for you today.
So direct today on both flanks. Reminded of Coman saying that Pep would tell him to keep taking players on and not to worry if it didn't come off. Great too see him play with such freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.