Raheem Sterling - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not just penalties they count. There was a goal a few weeks ago where he crossed the ball in and Aguero scored, but because the defender got a touch on the cross the Premier League didn't give it to him, whilst transfermarkt did.

It's things like that. He obviously hasn't won 6 penalties this season.

He's won a lot of penalties this season indeed. And I for one definitely count those as assists and a chance created. I'll stick by the 10 goals, 21 assists stat line because I think he created 21 goals (direct assist, deflected assist, penalties won). There were probably 3 or 4 more penalty shouts where he didn't get the benefit of the doubt from the ref. We are in agreement, though, overall.

4844.jpg

It's not just penalties they count. There was a goal a few weeks ago where he crossed the ball in and Aguero scored, but because the defender got a touch on the cross the Premier League didn't give it to him, whilst transfermarkt did.

It's things like that. He obviously hasn't won 6 penalties this season.

He's actually won 5.

Oh God, are you seriously claiming Stones isn't a good player now?

You think Roberts isn't ready because he's not fast enough yet (?)

You think Pep will bring back Mangala.

Now you think Stones is shite.

Crikey.

From all I have seen this season, I think stones is shit, yes, I also think Roberts isn't ready yet. Maybe in the future Stones could improve but the same could be said about Mangala who in my opinion has the needed athleticism and ruggedness of a PL defender.

Writing is on the wall for Sterling, with him being dropped for the last part of the season and Benardo Silva playing majority of the season at RW. Sterling really improved his end product this year, but seems Pep is still not happy with him and I wouldn't be aswell. I began to like the kid after his terrible first season, but we are in a results business and Pep can't wait for Sterling to develop a touch, one-touch pass and good control in tight places. He's amazing when there is space behind, but poor when there isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.