Raheem Sterling - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree with Navas, thought he had a really good impact when he came on; but the fact that Sterling was our only starting attacking player who didn't underperform (and that we are all rooting for him in the wake of the horrendous treatment he received this summer) I think enhances how well he actually played.

I'm excited to see the lad continue to improve, my opinion is he did well for him today.

Considering the pressure on Sterling after the media assassination of him last year and the continued hatchet job on him at the euros and in pre season, I think he performed magnificently. Any attempt to play down his role today is being churlish at best.

Considering the pressure on Sterling after the media assassination of him last year and the continued hatchet job on him at the euros and in pre season, I think he performed magnificently. Any attempt to play down his role today is being churlish at best.
There's been a few mate.

There's been a few mate.

Fucking arseholes the lot of em. The pressure and the hatred this kid(and he is still a fucking kid) has had to put up with is almost unprecedented. The fact that some City fans have bought into it is fucking shameful.

Fucking arseholes the lot of em. The pressure and the hatred this kid(and he is still a fucking kid) has had to put up with is almost unprecedented. The fact that some City fans have bought into it is fucking shameful.
I've seen plenty say he did 'alright' or was a slight improvement. I thought he was immense - mainly for the reasons you point out.

Seeing him receive the ball early, with space to run at the fullbacks put a big smile on my face. I'd love for him to silence all of his vitriol-spewing detractors. Pep's post-match comments on his performance were encouraging as well.

So happy to see that off him today, that Sterling and the one who played v Southampton last season are 2 different players and for his first game back after the shit he's taken that today was much more than I expected. I know people are saying Stones and Kolarov did well and they did but let's be honest they didn't have to do much and for me it was Sterlings performance every City Fan should be excited about
Pep has obviously had a huge influence on his confidence

MotM in terms of application and effort but still a long way to go in terms of establishing himself as a credible threat with a more consistent effective end product.

But great start for the lad and hopefully his confidence will continue to improve.

And as for the Sunderland fans - a group that I have a lot of time for normally - booing him yesterday? Utter fuckwits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.