Raheem Sterling - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His crossing from the right hand side is a revelation. He put in 3 balls in the first half which should have been put into the net. Aguero is going to have to learn to get on the end of some of them as he always seems to be so far behind the play when crosses come into the box
Comes too far back for the ball at times, our Kun does. Pep will sort this, though.

didnt put anything bad on bluemoon about him last year but my god i thought he was terrible and a waste of money.
fuck me he has made me eat my thoughts what a player

Beware. One shaky performance and he will be bit shit again. See Kolorov thread for proof....
He's going to have games where he isn't setting the world on fire, see Aguero last night, but he will bounce straight back the next game, like Aguero will, now he has Pep unlocking ha potential.
He's scored some goals which lesser players ( or Raheem last season) would fluff, or bottle it, last nights goal, the one against Swansea, and the cheeky one from a tight angle, all top goals only someone oozing in confidence and self belief would attempt.
I thought he was outstanding last night, I didn't think the team played all that badly, we were just undone by flakey goals, which on other days wouldn't have happened, that we stayed resolute and equalised each time, and could've won if the same luck that had visited Celtic 3 times had done so just once at the end for us, but that's football, we will regroup and make sure we're ready for Spurs at the weekend

Sterling can go for 20 goals this season, easily. All that's missing from his season now is a hat-trick against Liverpool ;)

He's been on a par with Dr Bruyne all season for me. He's such a dangerous player and the ominous thing is he'll just get better and better.
I'd like to see him play more centrally. He'll terrify defenders if he gets in the box

His weakness is his finish. Now he improves, working with the best making him more complete. I give credit to Pep and co for this regard too.

Didn't you slate him along with the rest of the team? (:

I've watched the game back this morning, also a worthy note is when he attempts to dribble, should he lose it, he has it back in his possession within seconds.... I counted 4/5 attempts last night that didn't come off but his body was already between the man and the ball to safeguard it after a tackle - that has clearly been coached in!!!

It's not new though. He's always been incredibly good at winning back possession. This is from July 10th - so before he got under Pep.

I would say though that because the structure of the team is better now and there's more support in the pressing after losing the ball, he seems to be doing it even more frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.