Raheem Sterling - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worked hard once again, you certainly cannot fault his effort but like most today seemed distracted and played a lot of misplaced passes and crosses. Still, one of the better players.

If Pep wants to win games he needs to stop sticking him out on the left. I get he wants to play both Sterling and Sane but that just isn't going to work.
Feels a similar situation to last year for me. De Bruyne arrived late & was shoehorned into a team that was in form and working great with 5 wins in a row, stemmed our momentum even if he was one of our best players come the end of the season.

This season 6 wins in a row & now we're struggling, fitting Gundogan & Sane in which is disrupting the balance somewhat. Understand that today with no RB available (seems Maffeo has no chance) that we were perhaps forced into this formation - but I'd be heading back to what worked; trio of Dinho/KdB/Silva & Nolito left with Sterling right.

Too much change isn't always good.

Once again, far superior on the right side of the pitch. He stood out as the player who grabbed the game by the neck & came deep to pick up the ball and drive at Southampton today - never quite paid off but looked by far & away the most likely player to make the winner happen today. Shame no one else put in the shift he did to help him out.

Spot on... Matured as the game went on, putting a few of the old guard to shame!!!

Worked hard but should be taking his defender a lot more than he does.

Superb second half,playing in his favoured position,with more freedom,and the luxury of two targets to aim for.

Its noticeable he isnt the focus of the oppositions vitriol or the subject of media headlines anymore.

Play him on the right pep,much more productive there

He will know that karen but he will be also testing every single player to see what they can and cant do when asked.

its all part of the gaffers learning process and it isnt a bad thing either for the players imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.