Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meeesh,but close enough......................Bit unfair to say I won't like this,but gobsmacked I am,absolutely fucking gobsmacked,although I vowed not to return to this thread unless in a positive way,I can't help but comment.

Like I have always maintained,if he goes on to prove me wrong I'll eat the humble pie,but if it is going to benefit the team in the long run fair enough,but to stick to my guns,he's a long way from convincing me just yet
I was just pulling your chains. Cheap on my part :) But, none of these surprise me. When you ignore names and emotions and examine just the numbers, he is always near the top.

So I'm not surprised he is at the top here. Like I said very early on in the season, he is so good at the things he is good at, that he will pridpro regardless of whether he improves at the things he isn't so great at.

He is Messi levels in terms of , movement, explosion, strength and speed of thought. Albeit unlike Messi, his technique, touch, control,and shooting still need either improvement or more consistency.

But when you view overall production, you'd quickly realize he is on par with World Class players coz he is better than them at the less obvious things.

I was just pulling your chains. Cheap on my part :) But, none of these surprise me. When you ignore names and emotions and examine just the numbers, he is always near the top.

So I'm not surprised he is at the top here. Like I said very early on in the season, he is so good at the things he is good at, that he will pridpro regardless of whether he improves at the things he isn't so great at.

He is Messi levels in terms of , movement, explosion, strength and speed of thought. Albeit unlike Messi, his technique, touch, control,and shooting still need either improvement or more consistency.

But when you view overall production, you'd quickly realize he is on par with World Class players coz he is better than them at the less obvious things.

Lol yea fair enough mate,I wasn't biting,but did feel the need to respond.

I got the article up,on the Mail,and read it and looked at the tables (points scored) and can't quite make my mind up of either it being a City fan whose compiled it,or a Raheem lover,but one particular section what I did find strange to not see him in the list was the big chances missed column.

I'm not just thinking about the Burnley miss,there have been several others,now the thing about it is I watch a lot of football here at home.when not at City,and I mean a lot,having a teenage lad and one at 25 who likes a bet,we watch shit loads here,much to my Mrs frustration,and I laugh at the likes of Lacazette missing great chances,especially v Spurs recently,Benteke missing pens and sitters every week,not to mention that lump who plays for that lot,but it does bother me when we miss chances,and majority of the big ones seem to fall at Sterlings feet for us,but not according to that list,it is Jesus and Aguero who are the main culprits for us.

I know he's banged a lot in,and could have a lot more,but to not see him on that list was an eye opener I must admit.

But as I keep repeating,the humble pie is sat in the bakers window waiting for me to go and buy it,and I will if needs be,I've now decided to cut the lad some slack,and just watch with bated breath the rest of the campaign.

Lol yea fair enough mate,I wasn't biting,but did feel the need to respond.

I got the article up,on the Mail,and read it and looked at the tables (points scored) and can't quite make my mind up of either it being a City fan whose compiled it,or a Raheem lover,but one particular section what I did find strange to not see him in the list was the big chances missed column.

I'm not just thinking about the Burnley miss,there have been several others,now the thing about it is I watch a lot of football here at home.when not at City,and I mean a lot,having a teenage lad and one at 25 who likes a bet,we watch shit loads here,much to my Mrs frustration,and I laugh at the likes of Lacazette missing great chances,especially v Spurs recently,Benteke missing pens and sitters every week,not to mention that lump who plays for that lot,but it does bother me when we miss chances,and majority of the big ones seem to fall at Sterlings feet for us,but not according to that list,it is Jesus and Aguero who are the main culprits for us.

I know he's banged a lot in,and could have a lot more,but to not see him on that list was an eye opener I must admit.

But as I keep repeating,the humble pie is sat in the bakers window waiting for me to go and buy it,and I will if needs be,I've now decided to cut the lad some slack,and just watch with bated breath the rest of the campaign.

Not having a go here mate but genuinely curious, what are the several other misses from great chances this season?

I recall one that came back off the post that i thought he should've done better with but I'm struggling to think of others.

Fwiw, I think for whatever reason Sterling's failings get magnified more than most and this in turn leads to a perception that he messes up more than he does.

Not having a go here mate but genuinely curious, what are the several other misses from great chances this season?

I recall one that came back off the post that i thought he should've done better with but I'm struggling to think of others.

Fwiw, I think for whatever reason Sterling's failings get magnified more than most and this in turn leads to a perception that he messes up more than he does.

Latest 2 that springs to mind,Cardiff away and West Brom at home

Cardiff away where he scored a great header? Or are we just playing "games where Sterling missed a chance like everyone does". Kane should have had 4 or 5 in the North London derby and continually misses sitters.

Only you could find a negative out of something positive,EVERYONE misses chances,the papers love to have a go at him,for once it's positive and you continue to have a go at him

Only you can poke your nose in at every given opportunity,but I don't complain

Anyway I was supposed to be on your IGNORE LIST weren't I ? What's up did you get bored ?

I was asked a question by Rolee,I gave him my answer,but you choose to make an argument,good on you,well done

Cardiff away where he scored a great header? Or are we just playing "games where Sterling missed a chance like everyone does". Kane should have had 4 or 5 in the North London derby and continually misses sitters.

And as I've said in a previous post this morning,if you can be arsed to look back so have others

Cheers, recall them now you mention them. The one at West Brom is a good example of what I'm referring to in my last paragraph, he did exceptionally well to give himself that great chance, putting the defender on his arse with a nice dummy, should've hit the target but the reaction from his critics was way ott, especially when you compare it to DeBruyne's woeful miss in the first half of that one.

Only you can poke your nose in at every given opportunity,but I don't complain

Anyway I was supposed to be on your IGNORE LIST weren't I ? What's up did you get bored ?

I was asked a question by Rolee,I gave him my answer,but you choose to make an argument,good on you,well done
you post people counter that's what a forum is for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.