Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to get very pissed off with a few of the moaners in our support, one or two having a dig again today in EL3 at the slightest mis-control or misplaced pass from Sterling - luckily it's just hot air as he won't hear any of it on the pitch but I imagine there are also a few in areas closer to the pitch. The lad's having a storming start to the season why not just support him??
I'm one of the moaners (but not on EL3) there were half a dozen times he needlessly (sp?) gave the ball away while attacking and from that Palace got a goal scoring chance. (I moan to myself rather than diss a City player out loud)

I really really hope he comes good - he was subbed today to keep him fresh for Tuesday and his best games for us have been in the chimps league.

I'm not picking him out, Kev and Sergio were (in my opinion) not up to their best today either.

15/16 - 31 games 7 goals
16/17 - 34 games 6 goals
17/18 - 5 games 5 goals

Just needs to keep on doing what he's doing.

Beating his personal best this early will make him even more confident. Sterling is flying right now.

I don't think Sterling has even been playing at the peak of what he is capable of so far this season and yet he already has 5 league goals. If his all round game improves that extra 10% that we know he has, his stats this season could be really special. This is not a criticism just an anticipation of what could be a landmark season in Sterling's City career.

On track for a 20 goal season (easily) and folks are moaning at a misplaced pass. Lol.

Love the guy but hate the stick he gets. Understand the frustration from yesterday but yet again outweighed by his brilliance IMO

Love his intelligence, anticipation and speed for his 2nd tap-in yesterday.

Looking at this first image when Aguero calling for it from KDB and the entire Place team goalside of Sterling it is hard to envisage he is going to score 2 seconds later. But he did :)

11t0gwm.jpg

3130vfr.jpg

25hzr5k.jpg

zof9xi.jpg

As tap-ins go I thought that was pretty special.

Never mind the goals, his touch and passing is coming on. I was very skeptical as if one could improve this at this stage of their development. To early to tell if he will be considered one of the best however if he keeps progressing as he has been in the last games. He will be some player.

Positioning and dribbling has always been his strength. Amongst the best.

Passing and technique is improving,

the last 2 games its been impressive.

I dont think Sterling could have executed that shot against West from from last week as he did. Picked his spot and didn't hit it to hard. Clean strike. Also used a defender as a shield. Fair play to foster as it was a great save.

Also some nicely weighted passes in the mix, I had to a double take and make sure it was Sterling

Decision making,

is what wil be the defining characteristic that defines his success.
I do believe if any one can resolve this aspect of his game is Pep.

I have been a critic, keep going lad

Love the guy but hate the stick he gets. Understand the frustration from yesterday but yet again outweighed by his brilliance IMO

Love his intelligence, anticipation and speed for his 2nd tap-in yesterday.

Looking at this first image when Aguero calling for it from KDB and the entire Place team goalside of Sterling it is hard to envisage he is going to score 2 seconds later. But he did :)

11t0gwm.jpg

3130vfr.jpg

25hzr5k.jpg

zof9xi.jpg

As tap-ins go I thought that was pretty special.

Nice picks, I am sure there are a few more instances like this

His movement is impressive.

His finishing is coming on, as is Leroy's. Crucial in the absence of a 3rd genuine striker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.