Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we'll see him playing a position that suits him as a support striker in the 3-5-2.

Exactly where I think we'll find him, bit like the Spurs pre-season game. Jesus up top with Sterling sitting slightly off him, so he can time those deep runs and find space between the lines. Wouldn't be surprised if that's how we line up against Brighton.

The only thing he's done wrong this pre season is continue to run like a fairy.

If he can fix that we are laughing.

I actually like his running. It must truly confuse defenders. It looks like he's no idea what he's going when he very clearly does.

My only problem with him is he lacks a bit of awareness of other players' movement sometimes, for example turning left when a simple pass right was on, holding onto the ball too long in the box.

But he's still a young player. He seems to be addressing various weaknesses in his game & improving, so no telling where it will stop.

Pre season, City have looked a better team, with him in it.

Enjoyed this vid:

Looks to be as though Pep's telling Sterling to touch and turn on it, instead of playing safe.

It is strange no one counts him as a striker when he in fact is :)

Genius Pep.

It is strange no one counts him as a striker when he in fact is :)

Genius Pep.
Think it depends a bit on an individual's definition of striker. He is certainly a forward but for me he has generally played wide either side of, or withdrawn behind the main man so I wouldn't currently regard him as a striker as I understand the term which is the most advanced central forward either Individually or shared.

Think it depends a bit on an individual's definition of striker. He is certainly a forward but for me he has generally played wide either side of, or withdrawn behind the main man so I wouldn't currently regard him as a striker as I understand the term which is the most advanced central forward either Individually or shared.
In a 352 system. He is extremely comfortable as one of the 2. I guess in your definition, the "shared" portion will apply.

But yes, describing him as a forward is more appropriate.

I've said it before. I'm extremely comfortable with him and Sane being the Striking backups to Kun and Gab.

I will be just as confident with those 2 as the starting strikers in a decent # of games this season.

In a 352 system. He is extremely comfortable as one of the 2. I guess in your definition, the "shared" portion will apply.

But yes, describing him as a forward is more appropriate.

I've said it before. I'm extremely comfortable with him and Sane being the Striking backups to Kun and Gab.

I will be just as confident with those 2 as the starting strikers in a decent # of games this season.
I am not sure, I just haven't seen enough of Sterling or Sane in that kind of role to be confident of either playing as the centre forward, not saying they can't but for me as yet I would not be confident if it was necessary for a large part of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.