Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought it was funny in the BT studio when Lineker was bigging him up and asking why he's criticised and Ferdinand was saying that it was more for his England performances and Hoddle was looking very sheepish.
Hoddle then started talking about the extra freedom to move that Pep gives him.
No you clown, Pep is incredibly disciplined with his positional demands, it's where Pep demands he is positioned along with the rest of the team that allows Sterling space.
He also doesn't demand all his players bar one are behind the ball.

Very good player, getting a lot of goals now too.

My only criticisms of him are his first touch and picking the right pass in tight spaces. You could see the difference
when he brought Bernardo on. Sterling also could work on being able to win his 1 on 1 battles.

Very good player, getting a lot of goals now too.

My only criticisms of him are his first touch and picking the right pass in tight spaces. You could see the difference
when he brought Bernardo on. Sterling also could work on being able to win his 1 on 1 battles.

I saw a difference, I saw that all of a sudden Ghoulam became a threat down our tight when Sterling went off.

I saw a difference, I saw that all of a sudden Ghoulam became a threat down our tight when Sterling went off.
Yes, the only reason I could think of for subbing Sterling was keeping him fresh, Sane was the more obvious player to replace based on their 2nd half performances.

On the contrary Rolee, I thougth in both the first and second half the majority of their chances were coming down our right. This is not a criticism of Sterling but in the second half particularly he was struggling to hold the ball up.

On the contrary Rolee, I thougth in both the first and second half the majority of their chances were coming down our right. This is not a criticism of Sterling but in the second half particularly he was struggling to hold the ball up.

And then attacks became a lot more frequent and dangerous when Sterling went off.

And then attacks became a lot more frequent and dangerous when Sterling went off.

Well I simply disagree, thought we were a lot tighter when he went off.

How do we deal with attacking players running at our defence? We seem to back off and off until they get into our penalty box.

I thought he was excellent last season, now he's added goals to his game.

Quality footballer.

Well I simply disagree, thought we were a lot tighter when he went off.

How do we deal with attacking players running at our defence? We seem to back off and off until they get into our penalty box.

We retained possession better on that side when Bernardo came on but when they were in possession they got down our right a lot easier without Sterling keeping Ghoulam pushed back. Walker's yellow also contributed as he didn't push as far forward thus there was less space behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.