Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good player, getting a lot of goals now too.

My only criticisms of him are his first touch and picking the right pass in tight spaces. You could see the difference
when he brought Bernardo on. Sterling also could work on being able to win his 1 on 1 battles.

cheers Ray Wilkins perhaps he should also stay back 10 minutes after training like rashford to improve his 1 on 1's

Didnt understand any of the subs ,Delph looked like he needed help more than anybody as Sane rarely takes up good defending positions,Silva looked like he could come off as he was losing the ball a lot of the time
Sterling wasnt getting back as much as normal but i assume this was under instructions

Thank you for your informative and well thought out response.

Sorry, ill tow the party line next time.

How dare you constructively criticise him! He is the finished article don't you know.

Long may his improvement continue though.

How dare you constructively criticise him! He is the finished article don't you know.

Long may his improvement continue though.

I thought the response he received about Wilkins was a tad harsh but have you seen Forzacitizens constructively criticising any other player in the forum

Yes, the only reason I could think of for subbing Sterling was keeping him fresh, Sane was the more obvious player to replace based on their 2nd half performances.
Pep is beginning to rate Sterling as highly as I do. That sub was strictly to save him for the weekend.

Debryune might be our best player and Sane our most athletic but the key to how we play is Jesus & Sterling. Jesus is fundamental when we don't have the ball and Sterling is the key when we have it. His movements are a permanent and consistent problem.

I think the sub was purely a tactical looking to the future move. A bit risky if you ask me, but it worked. Not to mention, in never worried when the guy being brought on is Bernado. Mini-Messi is phenomenal in his own right.

Pep is beginning to rate Sterling as highly as I do. That sub was strictly to save him for the weekend.

Debryune might be our best player and Sane our most athletic but the key to how we play is Jesus & Sterling. Jesus is fundamental when we don't have the ball and Sterling is the key when we have it. His movements are a permanent and consistent problem.

I think the sub was purely a tactical looking to the future move. A bit risky if you ask me, but it worked. Not to mention, in never worried when the guy being brought on is Bernado. Mini-Messi is phenomenal in his own right.

Mini-Iniesta.

The chant should now be, as we've been voicing at the top of the South Stand level 2: "He's top of two leagues. He's top of two leeeeeagues." Raheem Sterling, he's top of two leagues."

The chant should now be, as we've been voicing at the top of the South Stand level 2: "He's top of two leagues. He's top of two leeeeeagues." Raheem Sterling, he's top of two leagues."
Also it's a shame in the CL we're not in group B, C, D, E or G. Even A could've been forced a bit. But it had to be F..

6 goals in his last 6 PL appearances, more than in his previous 31 games. Someone (a bald Catalan) has lit a fire under the lad's backside this season. Long may it continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.