Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The goal was great but that aside, his dribbling and movement was also phenomenal. Completely what we needed and looked to always make a smart run, hope he starts as others have said.

Sane Gabby Raheem
Bernardo KDB
Fernandinho
Danilo Kompany Otamendi Walker
Ederson​

I'm ready to see this team.

This for me has to be our formation going forward. Dave rotating with Bernardo and KDB, Yaya against the smaller sides instead of Fernandinho, and Aguero and Jesus rotating, with Jesus also able to play wide. Mendy in at LB would make this formation even more lethal.

Sure Raheem had a couple of bad shots but that goal was incredible. First-time volley and Pickford had no chance. Raz has to start next game, he's earned it.

Raheem needs to play. He's such an unpredictable proposition for defenders that he can open up channels for fun.

I think I deserve an assist for the goal. I'd just said to the bloke next to me "Raheem doesnt score enough goals" when he did!

I think if he had a reputation as a better finisher he would be playing up front now. At the moment his finishing is arguably no worse than anyone else in the side, I mean the one he blazed over the bar was no worse than Sergios non-effort in the 1st half. Give him a chance up front and lets see what he can do.

imagine if his finishing was as good as the rest of the game, he'd be a world beater. fantastic from him again last night, hope he starts next game

Brilliant cameo last night,along with Danilo he changed the game.His energy and desire was fantastic and i noticed he was far less prone to 'falling over'.

Fully deserves a starting spot on Saturday,i'll be disappointed if he doesn't.

It vindicates Pep somewhat, he said in his press conferences that there's a reason why Sterling was on the bench and it showed. He deserves to start though, he's been our stand out player since preseason

Changed the game I thought. Was direct and took his goal well. Has been our best player all preseason. Hopefully will start weekend

Sane Gabby Raheem
Bernardo KDB
Fernandinho
Danilo Kompany Otamendi Walker
Ederson​

I'm ready to see this team.
I'm not a fan simply because you have Walker and Raheem on the right side and I'd prefer opposite footed wing partners, I think Pep has to buckle down on this, we have the personnel to play like Barcelona, we should use inside forwards.

If Raheem plays RW he will pretty much be tasked with stretching the pitch, but Pep even said he is best attacking defenders through the center, same goes for B Silva, he is better gliding past in the final third creating chances. Sane and Danilo on the left would be fine, but for me regardless of our midfield or striker, using a 4-3-3 our wide-men should use a combo of:

Sane--------------------B Silva

Danilo-----------------Walker

OR

Sterling---------------B Silva/Sane

Mendy-----------------Walker/Danilo

I think with this we can have '"inside wingers" doing their damage in the best positions. I think B Silva-Walker can emulate the Messi-Alves partnership, and that Sterling-Mendy can also make a fantastic partnership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.