Raheem Sterling interview on Sky

Sterling wins the ball back in opposition halves more than any other player in the league. Puts in an inordinate amount of challenges for the ball and wins most.

You have seen him put a tackle in,seriously have you ?

You gonna get some stat up now to show me

You have seen him put a tackle in,seriously have you ?

You gonna get some stat up now to show me

Yeah I have seen him put tackles in, and I'm sorry you're so defensive about stats proving you to be completely wrong, but it's true.

He's made 28 tackles so far so perhaps try watching the game?

He wins the ball back in the opposition half more than anyone else in the league, he always tracks his runners and he's usually the first person back to defend a counterattack.

He is the perfect forward for Guardiola's press and his defensive contribution is the one thing nobody can ever call into doubt.

the only problem I have with is he dosnt shoot when he has a good chance, but then he passes to someone who does shoot

Yeah I have seen him put tackles in, and I'm sorry you're so defensive about stats proving you to be completely wrong, but it's true.

He wins the ball back in the opposition half more than anyone else in the league, he always tracks his runners and he's usually the first person back to defend a counterattack.

He is the perfect forward for Guardiola's press and his defensive contribution is the one thing nobody can ever call into doubt.

Yeah sure, if you want to be factual. But who needs facts when you can just make shit up as you go along?

Just looked into this site,very good for info,stats,and when you click on Sterling it shows the following

Tackles- (Prem) Avg 1.1

Fouls - (Prem) Avg 1.3

If I'm reading this correctly,it means per game,so more or less agrees with what I see with my own eyes,defend him as much as you want,but he needs to improve,as do a few,I'm not singling him out,but I won't be put down with stats thrown at me,if I find other evidence to back up what I say

Give it up mate.
I saw him getting abused like hell for being a lazy, selfish, greedy bastard after an England Euro 16 game when in the first 30 minutes he twice tracked back and won the ball back close to the England penalty box, while playing as a forward
Once all the over on the opposite flank, diagonally across the pitch from where he was positioned.

He will never ever get the credit he deserves.

Just looked into this site,very good for info,stats,and when you click on Sterling it shows the following

Tackles- (Prem) Avg 1.1

Fouls - (Prem) Avg 1.3

If I'm reading this correctly,it means per game,so more or less agrees with what I see with my own eyes,defend him as much as you want,but he needs to improve,as do a few,I'm not singling him out,but I won't be put down with stats thrown at me,if I find other evidence to back up what I say

Avg 1.1 - so that's more tackles than Aguero, De Bruyne, Gundogan and even the same as Stones.

I assume you'll be accusing them of never putting a tackle in in their respective player threads too?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.