Raheem Sterling interview on Sky

It's like you're holding him to standard that even other top players we have don't reach though.

He 'should' be is exactly the attitude that leads to people getting on his case.

You're just setting him up to fail. Talking about him being left behind if he doesn't improve when the people you talk about havent proved anything at all for Manchester City.

There's a dark resentment and tone to your post. The way someone talks about someone they don't really like.
Although I agree to a certain point with your first 3 sentences I can't for the life of me see where you come up with the fourth statement.

It's like you're holding him to standard that even other top players we have don't reach though.

He 'should' be is exactly the attitude that leads to people getting on his case.

You're just setting him up to fail. Talking about him being left behind if he doesn't improve when the people you talk about havent proved anything at all for Manchester City.

There's a dark resentment and tone to your post. The way someone talks about someone they don't really like.

That's a truly bizarre thing to infer from my post considering I've previously been defending him to the hilt in this very same thread, not to mention all last season.

I'm comparing him to the best wingers in the world because that's what he has the potential to be, and they all went through significant jumps up in goalscoring near his age. If he ends up being another Theo Walcott scoring 10 league goals a season it will be a fucking tragedy, and pretending otherwise with your "lets hope he scores 12 in all competitions" is absurd.

And if it's not Jesus or Sané who take his place if the goals don't come, it will be someone else, because you cannot have a world class team with 1 goalscorer. Guardiola previously had Henry (26 goals a season), pedro (20 goals a season), Sanchez (20 goals a season), Villa (19 goals a season), Robben (20 goals a season when he was fit) on the wing. Bojan, who could only manage 10-15 goals on the wing was sold off.

It's ridiculous to think that Guardiola, in search of the Champions League and Premier League will be satisfied with Sterling and keep him starting for us if he continues to score once a month, and he knows that himself which is why he acknowledged it in the interview. To say he needs to improve his goalscoring to that level isn't "dark and resenting" it's fucking pragmatic - 10 goals a season will see him out of the starting XI long before Guardiola's 3 seasons are up.

And as I said at the end of my last post, I still think he will make that jump, but it needs to start happening in the next few months.

Last edited:
Just looked into this site,very good for info,stats,and when you click on Sterling it shows the following

Tackles- (Prem) Avg 1.1

Fouls - (Prem) Avg 1.3

If I'm reading this correctly,it means per game,so more or less agrees with what I see with my own eyes,defend him as much as you want,but he needs to improve,as do a few,I'm not singling him out,but I won't be put down with stats thrown at me,if I find other evidence to back up what I say

Sagna 1.2, Fernando 1.4, Stones 1.1, Kolarov 1.5, De Bruyne 0.8 and Gundogan 1.1.
Helps if you offer a little context to your stats.

As Domalino has offered context to his stats.

I really want to see him be more cocky on the ball and beat people, he has the speed for it. He just seems to only want to break out the skills on the counter. Id rather him lose it the ball a few times than play with fear 100 percent of the time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.